Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guyfromma Posted: Saturday, July 2, 2016 11:27:50 AM(UTC)

Thanks MikeinTX. I replaced a dead motor in my KUCS02FRSS. Had to change out all the leads. When I started it it would only go down. I turned the gears back so the ram moved up. It continued to do it. I reversed the red and gray leads like MIkeinTX did. It sent the ram up but not down. I then switched them back and now it works fine. Go figure
Guyfromma Posted: Saturday, July 2, 2016 11:24:15 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: MikeinTX Go to Quoted Post
Replacing the directional - top limit switch fixed the problem. There was one strange thing I encountered, however. After I put the switch in, the motor would run but the ram wouldn't go down. After playing with adjustments on the switch for at least 30 minutes, I decided to see what would happen if I switched the up and down (Red and Gray) contactsi on the switch. When I did that, it worked perfectly. I had the motor out when I first started checking it out, so it's possible I switched the leads on the motor, but I don't think so. I am color blind, though, so that could be the explanation. I didn't know I was color blind until the Air Force tested me for pilot training in 1966.

Good luck getting your unit fixed. If you have access to a continuity tester, check out the switch. I was getting a slight resistance when I should have been seeing closed contacts in the middle position. I'll check back in the next few days to see how it went for you. I had to pay $43 plus tax to get the switch locally when I could have ordered it online for $28. I didn't want to wait to have it delivered, though.

Great info! I have a kitchenaide KUCS02FRSS. I replaced the motor because it died. The new motor was different but supposed to fit. I had to change all th connectors to motor. When I started it it would lock in the down position.
I did what Mike in Tx said and the ram went back up but would not go back down. I then switched the red and gray back again and the compactor now works fine. Thanks to the tip from MikeinTX
aleeeeaaa Posted: Tuesday, April 5, 2011 8:07:37 AM(UTC)

I'll be testing the switch today and will post results. Thanks
MikeinTX Posted: Monday, April 4, 2011 7:26:03 PM(UTC)

Replacing the directional - top limit switch fixed the problem. There was one strange thing I encountered, however. After I put the switch in, the motor would run but the ram wouldn't go down. After playing with adjustments on the switch for at least 30 minutes, I decided to see what would happen if I switched the up and down (Red and Gray) contacts on the switch. When I did that, it worked perfectly. I had the motor out when I first started checking it out, so it's possible I switched the leads on the motor, but I don't think so. I am color blind, though, so that could be the explanation. I didn't know I was color blind until the Air Force tested me for pilot training in 1966.

Good luck getting your unit fixed. If you have access to a continuity tester, check out the switch. I was getting a slight resistance when I should have been seeing closed contacts in the middle position. I'll check back in the next few days to see how it went for you. I had to pay $43 plus tax to get the switch locally when I could have ordered it online for $28. I didn't want to wait to have it delivered, though.
MikeinTX Posted: Sunday, April 3, 2011 10:43:08 AM(UTC)

I found several references indicating that the problem might be the "top limit switch," but I couldn't find a switch by that name in the parts list. I eventually discovered that the top limit switch is now combined with the directional switch in ourt units. The part number is 777811. I tested the switch and it indicates that it might be bad. It costs about $30, so I'm going to see if it I can find it in stock locally tomorrow. It's carried by Sears, but their parts stores here in San Antonio do not have it in stock. I found the following link very useful. It is apparently from a Whirlpool training seminar that covered dishwashers and trash compactors.

https://secured.whirlpoo...513d79/$FILE/4322481.pdf

If you try to click the link, it may only use part of the link because it is so long. If so, just copy and paste the rest of it and try again.

If I can find the part locally tomorrow, I'll put it in after I get home from work and let you know if it fixed the problem. I'll post tomorrow night, whether I get the part or not. I know how frustrating it can be when a thread gets dropped and leaves you wondering what happened.
aleeeeaaa Posted: Sunday, April 3, 2011 4:07:02 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: MikeinTX Go to Quoted Post
I have exactly the same problem. I've received no replies to my post, so I ordered a repair manual. If I can determine what is wrong with it, I'll post back with an answer.

THanks Mike, appreciate any help you can give me
MikeinTX Posted: Saturday, April 2, 2011 6:14:45 PM(UTC)

I have exactly the same problem. I've received no replies to my post, so I ordered a repair manual. If I can determine what is wrong with it, I'll post back with an answer.
aleeeeaaa Posted: Saturday, April 2, 2011 1:37:39 PM(UTC)

I turned the compactor on and the ram went down but it won't come back up. I checked the chain and sprockets on the bottom and they are ok. I turned the chain by hand to raise the ram back to the top. Then i started the compactor and the ram came down to the bottom and stopped again not returning to the top. I tested the switch that the drawer hits against when the drawer is pushed in and it's ok. The ram screw unit seems ok because it goes down on it's own and back up smoothly by hand when i manually spin the chain. what should i be testing and looking for? And what makes the ram return automatically by itself when it is working and how does it work? Thanks, Randy