Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Joe / APP Team Posted: Friday, March 25, 2011 2:02:37 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: abby-grace Go to Quoted Post
Thanks! Makes total sense too because all the stainless steel coating wore off the handle because of the heat and steam from the stove burner below. THANKS AGAIN!

Abby-grace,

It was our pleasure to assist you.

If you need help in the future, please contact us.

Thank You,

Good Luck,
:) :) :)
abby-grace Posted: Friday, March 25, 2011 8:57:29 AM(UTC)

Thanks! Makes total sense too because all the stainless steel coating wore off the handle because of the heat and steam from the stove burner below. THANKS AGAIN!
Joe / APP Team Posted: Friday, March 25, 2011 7:58:31 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: abby-grace Go to Quoted Post
This micro/hood started beeping uncontrollably. It gives an F2 code. The internet clearly states that this is a defect that is happening with many of the Whirlpool/KitchenAid models. The control pad will also lock up.We used to be able to unplug it and it would reset but that no longer works. As I stated, this seems to be a common problem and some people even have theirs turn on without them doing it--we are not there yet.

My question is: do we need to order a new control panel and/or a micro computer? Thanks!

Abby-grace,

The F2 code, for your unit indicates you have a faulty touchpad assembly.

Part number: AP4512484
Part number: AP4512484

For future referrence,

Most touchpad failures on a over the range microwave ovens are due to usage, and heat,steam, etc. coming off the range cooktop, You may find that turning on the vent fan when cooking on the stove may help to extend the life of your keypad assembly.

Good Luck,
:) :) :)
abby-grace Posted: Friday, March 25, 2011 5:59:04 AM(UTC)

This micro/hood started beeping uncontrollably. It gives an F2 code. The internet clearly states that this is a defect that is happening with many of the Whirlpool/KitchenAid models. The control pad will also lock up. We used to be able to unplug it and it would reset but that no longer works. As I stated, this seems to be a common problem and some people even have theirs turn on without them doing it--we are not there yet.

My question is: do we need to order a new control panel and/or a micro computer? Thanks!