Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guest Posted: Monday, June 27, 2022 8:26:26 PM(UTC)

Easy fix. just leave the door open. let air do its thing.
Guest Posted: Saturday, August 28, 2021 11:24:25 AM(UTC)

I have a bosch washer that has the moldy smell, i finally figured out the source; gunk gets trapped underneath the rubber door gasket and the rim, the solution is to take a foam brush and some cleaner and run it around in-between (under) the gasket all the way around, this has to be done quite often or any time the smell comes back.
Sean.B Posted: Friday, November 4, 2016 10:36:34 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: JaneWEllis Go to Quoted Post
Hello --

I see mold inside the large rubber ring (the seal) at the opening of my washer and it's hard to scrub off, even with bleach. Will the product some of you have mentioned (Affresh?) reach that mold if I use it? Thank you for help on this; it's driving me crazy.

It is very hard to get rid of the mold. most of the time it is imposable. I would replace the door boot seal.
alisam Posted: Saturday, September 3, 2016 12:37:23 PM(UTC)

[COLOR="Black"]
Originally Posted by: JaneWEllis Go to Quoted Post
Hello --

I see mold inside the large rubber ring (the seal) at the opening of my washer and it's hard to scrub off, even with bleach. Will the product some of you have mentioned (Affresh?) reach that mold if I use it? Thank you for help on this; it's driving me crazy.

Thank you for helping to [COLOR="Black"]repair washing machines Whirlpool[/COLOR][/COLOR]
thalthal Posted: Friday, June 5, 2015 7:00:33 AM(UTC)

They do have different cleaners you can run through the wash to get rid of that nasty smell. I would also make sure that everything looks clean in the washer. Sometimes you get a mold buildup if water pools in there too long. You shouldn't have to worry too much just clean it out and continue your load of laundry. If the problem continues I would talk to the manufacturers. Kitchen Cabinets in the Hamilton Area
ApplianceQueen Posted: Friday, April 17, 2015 8:42:58 PM(UTC)

Try using the Tide HE TURBO-- They are amazing. It take off about 3 minutes off my wash cycle. It suds even less than the regular HE.
zjtins Posted: Tuesday, June 24, 2014 5:30:52 AM(UTC)

Too much soap or softener builds up in the low water machines.
Unless your clothes have ground in dirt, and are just daily wear, then use 1/4 or less of the soap and make sure it has the HE on the bottle... do not use powdered soap, takes too long to dissolve. Also add 3 Tbsp of Borax, to the soap dispenser.

For softener I use a 1 qt vinegar bottle with 2 oz of softener the rest white vinegar. Fill your dispenser as normal. The vinegar helps get rid of any soap residue on you clothes and any vinegar smell goes away with drying.
unlandano Posted: Monday, July 8, 2013 8:24:27 PM(UTC)

oxbow37 Posted: Thursday, June 6, 2013 7:15:13 AM(UTC)

I too had a terrible odor problem with my Whirlpool Duet washer. I tried wash cycles with bleach, leaving the door open between loads, cleaning the soap dispenser, wiping the door gasket with bleach and scrubbing the inside of the drum to no avail. I was talking to my next door neighbor and mentioned the problem with my washer. He told me that he experienced the same problem but had fixed it with a device called the Washer Fan.

It seems that all front and top load HE washers have a design flaw that allows water to remain in the drum between loads of wash. The Washer Fan attaches to the rear vent of the washer with magnets and circulates air to get rid of the mold causing humidity which causes the smell. I ordered the device, installed it (took about 1 minute) and within 4 days the smell was gone! I can't say enough about Washer Fan....you can find them online at: Home
David F Posted: Saturday, March 23, 2013 2:43:45 AM(UTC)

Withe reference to the above it has recently come to my attention that Whirlpool have admitted in a Canadian court that:
1. They have altered the material of their spiders, to an aluminium alloy more resistant to corrosion.
2. Altered the design of the spiders to improve drainage.
3. Altered the design of the outer tubs to reduce pooling.
4. Altered the user manuals to give instruction regarding cleaning and introduced cleaning cycles to the machines.
The details can be found on pages 15 to 19 here:
http://classproceedings....ation-Denied-Reasons.pdf
In this document the spiders are referred to as braces or cross pieces.
These modifications were made to reduce the incidences of bio-film build causing odors and corrosion of the spiders.
Please note that this is is the judge's 'decision' and reflects what she understood the Whirlpool representatives to have said.
I guess only time will tell how effective they have been, it being noted that the modifications were stated to have been completed in 2008. Therefore anything manufactured after that should be OK;)
I have tried to find out if any of the redesigned components are interchangeable with the earlier one but so far have had no luck.