Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
miatahowie Posted: Thursday, July 26, 2007 6:18:52 AM(UTC)

Adam,
Thanks for the tip. I opened the dryer and found the belt to be broken. Replaced the belt. Working great now!
Adam / APP Team Posted: Wednesday, July 25, 2007 3:59:46 PM(UTC)

Dear miatahowie,

If you can hear the motor running and can feel the heat, chances are the belt has broke or came off the idler underneath.

These actually are not hard to work on. All you need is a 2" blade putty knife and standard tools you can pick up at any automotive or department store.

To get access, start by taking your two inch blade putty knife and pushing in the two clips between the top and front panel on each end. You should see some screws that need to be removed on the inside toward the top of the front panel.

CLICK HERE FOR THE PARTS BREAKDOWN
miatahowie Posted: Monday, July 23, 2007 5:21:41 AM(UTC)

As fate would have it, our 4 yr old maytag gas dryer stopped working 1 month after I replaced our 4 yr old maytag washer. Problem: Drum does not turn. I can hear the motor running, gas burner turns on (can feel heat within drum). Does this sound like just a 'belt' issue? How difficult would it be to replace?