Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guest Posted: Thursday, February 29, 2024 5:12:42 PM(UTC)

While cleaning the lint trap on my electric Amana dryer some straw from some blankets fell back into the lint chute. Should I worry about it starting on fire? And how can I clean it out?
Guest Posted: Monday, December 18, 2023 5:01:08 AM(UTC)

Although it worked for the person involved turning the dryer over seems like a lot of lifting and hassle but if it works dont kill the messenger. I personally have taken the air chute off quite a few dryers not to retrieve something that had fallen down inside but to check and clean out the back end of the blower wheel. It can contain a lot of debris in the bottom also.
Guest Posted: Monday, December 18, 2023 3:32:39 AM(UTC)

Technician said a screw was found and this caused my motor to break. I am puzzled how a screw got in my dryer cause it’s impossible cause I don’t have screws anywhere in my home.
Guest Posted: Wednesday, June 16, 2021 5:30:15 PM(UTC)

A shop vac worked for me. I just had to pop the top off and then went fishing. The tooth brush came out on the 4th try.
Guest Posted: Friday, June 11, 2021 6:21:48 AM(UTC)

This method worked for me!!! Amazing! I dropped a Sharpie in there and I did what you said - disconnected everything and flipped it over. I was skeptical but it worked right away - the sharpie dropped right out. Thank you !!! :-)
Guest Posted: Friday, April 2, 2021 6:27:23 PM(UTC)

Thank you -- turning the dryer over worked! I actually didn't have to turn it completely over, just on its side and then I could reach into the casing to pull out what I dropped. Thank you!!
beckyfroks Posted: Saturday, August 22, 2015 10:23:39 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: PJMLEV Go to Quoted Post
I've had to clear things out of the top-mounted lint chute twice on my Kenmore gas dryer. The easiest, fastest way to remove items both times was this: unplug, turn off gas, remove the gas line, grounding wire, and dryer vent hose. Lay the dryer down on the front. Tip dryer up so it's standing on the top (a plastic bin under the top protects the switch console. Once inverted, whatever was in the chute easily slid out with gravity's help. Reverse the steps above to put the dryer back in working order. The entire process took about 15 minutes, including time to clean the floor under the dryer.

Dear PJMLEV,
Thank you SO much!! My nit wit son dropped a FULL SIZED Flathead screwdriver down the chute and after initially following the steps to try to unattach the lint chute, found that with the dryer model we have it wouldn't work. Then we saw yours about turning it upside down and it was AWESOME! I was NOT looking forward to having to pay for someone to come and get it out.
Reblmom Posted: Saturday, April 27, 2013 7:15:19 AM(UTC)

Thank you for the wonderful advice! One additional thing to try first - disconnect the vent hose from the dryer and outside vent to see if the object fell in there. I was all set to open the back of the dryer when my husband made that suggestion...lo and behold, the chapstick had gone all the way to the hose.
PJMLEV Posted: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 2:36:52 AM(UTC)

I've had to clear things out of the top-mounted lint chute twice on my Kenmore gas dryer. The easiest, fastest way to remove items both times was this: unplug, turn off gas, remove the gas line, grounding wire, and dryer vent hose. Lay the dryer down on the front. Tip dryer up so it's standing on the top (a plastic bin under the top protects the switch console. Once inverted, whatever was in the chute easily slid out with gravity's help. Reverse the steps above to put the dryer back in working order. The entire process took about 15 minutes, including time to clean the floor under the dryer.
skaiden Posted: Friday, April 30, 2010 8:40:04 AM(UTC)

:) Thank you so much - I was able to retrieve a magic marker from my dryer on my own! The power of the internet and experts at work!

skaiden