Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
bobandtracey Posted: Saturday, March 12, 2011 4:00:39 PM(UTC)

Thanks Gene
Gene Posted: Saturday, March 12, 2011 3:43:13 PM(UTC)

"#18 on the diagram"
bobandtracey Posted: Saturday, March 12, 2011 3:41:52 PM(UTC)

Gene, What link should I click on to see the location?
Gene Posted: Saturday, March 12, 2011 3:30:08 PM(UTC)

Bob,

The second board is located on the back of the refrigerator, next to the compressor. Just click on the link.

You may want to order this board and install it first. If it will fix the problem, then try to put back the old control box. If the old control box will work properly, return the new control box to APP.

Gene.
bobandtracey Posted: Saturday, March 12, 2011 3:26:08 PM(UTC)

Gene,

I did order it from APP, although I installed the new one already. If it is in fact the other circuit board, where does it get installed on the refrogerator? I can't see any external access panels or doors. Do I need to return uninstall the new one and return that part?

Bob
Gene Posted: Saturday, March 12, 2011 3:13:10 PM(UTC)

Bob,

Based on the last information it is possible that the main control board (#18 on the diagram) is the culprit.

If this is true and the old control box is still good then you can return the control box (if you ordered it from APP).

- The main control board Part number: AP4334000
Part number: AP4334000

Gene.
bobandtracey Posted: Saturday, March 12, 2011 2:50:34 PM(UTC)

Gene,

Got the part you recommended and installed it. The refrigerator lights still do not work although the temperature lights now work. If I take out all of the lightbulbs, the temperature lights work, when I put the lightbulbs back in the temperature lights go out and the lightbulbs still don't work. I tried all new bulbs and no luck. What is the issue now?

Bob
Gene Posted: Wednesday, March 9, 2011 3:33:42 PM(UTC)

Bob,

Any electrical appliance must be unplugged prior to any repair for your safety.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Gene.
bobandtracey Posted: Wednesday, March 9, 2011 8:35:47 AM(UTC)

Gene,

I ordered the part you recommended. I was wondering if the installation requires unplugging the refrigerator or can I just remove the old box and install the new box without unplugging the refrigerator?

Thanks,
Bob
Gene Posted: Monday, March 7, 2011 4:01:34 PM(UTC)

Very likely the problem is a bad electronic control box.

- The control box Part number: AP3182782