Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
richappy Posted: Sunday, November 4, 2007 1:38:34 AM(UTC)

Post back when you get a meter.
dryrprob Posted: Saturday, November 3, 2007 3:51:06 PM(UTC)

The timer advances on the Timed Drying cycle, but does not advance on the Dry-Miser cycles. This is a Whirlpool LET6638 electric dryer. I have tried replacing the timer switch and cleaning all the lint from inside the dryer. It still runs fine, but the timer switch does not turn off from the Timed Drying cycle, nor does it move on the Dry-Miser cycles. Any ideas?

Thank you.
ApplianceJunk Posted: Wednesday, October 17, 2007 4:09:49 AM(UTC)

If the timer does not advance to off during the timed cycle then I would replace the timer.

If the timer does not advance to off only on a automatic cycle then you have a different problem.
dryrprob Posted: Wednesday, October 17, 2007 3:52:37 AM(UTC)

Yes, the dryer keeps running on all cycles. My wife said that the switch doesn't actually turn but remains stationary, and the dryer keeps running.

Thank you.
ApplianceJunk Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2007 4:58:08 AM(UTC)

Hi,

Does the timer do this on all cycles?
dryrprob Posted: Monday, October 15, 2007 4:26:13 PM(UTC)

The dryer works fine, but it won't stop running. The timer switch turns but then stops before it gets to the point on the dial where it's supposed to stop running.