Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Friday, June 19, 2009 11:06:48 PM(UTC)

If the model number of your oven is JTP15WW2WW then there is no thermostats. The oven temperature controls by the control board.

- The part number for the control board is AP3141629

Gene.
potatogirl65 Posted: Friday, June 19, 2009 4:46:36 PM(UTC)

It's the same model number.

I'm pretty sure it's the same problem. The oven turns on, but it doens't go to the temperatures we set it to; it either goes really high or really low.

For instance, we tried to bake some muffins, and the tops crusted over really fast, but there was a burning smell and they weren't cooked all the way through; they were still liquid in the middle and on the bottom.

We think the thermostat is broken, but we're not really sure.
Gene Posted: Thursday, June 18, 2009 12:16:28 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: potatogirl65 Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for this information, it was really helpful.

I just noticed that ours broke while we were out of town as well. Could there be some correlation?

Also, a tornado/flashflood almost hit our town while we were out, which caused the power to go out.

Any thoughts?

What is the complete model number of the oven?

What exactly is wrong?

Gene.
potatogirl65 Posted: Thursday, June 18, 2009 6:09:47 AM(UTC)

Thanks for this information, it was really helpful.

I just noticed that ours broke while we were out of town as well. Could there be some correlation?

Also, a tornado/flashflood almost hit our town while we were out, which caused the power to go out.

Any thoughts?
Gene Posted: Monday, October 15, 2007 5:43:58 PM(UTC)

Just poor quality.

Gene.
droper Posted: Monday, October 15, 2007 5:39:22 PM(UTC)

Thanks, Gene,
I'll try those things then purchase the control panel vs the board. What is the most likely cause of the panel going bad? It happened while we were out of town.
Gene Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2007 8:33:46 PM(UTC)

Hi droper

The first thing I would recommend to do, before replacing of any parts, is to turn off the circuit breaker for the oven for a few minutes and then turn it back on. Some time reseting the power helps to eliminate a problem.

If it did not help then, with the power to the oven off, open the control panel and check the connection of the ribbon from the control panel into the control board.

If it did not help either then most likely the problem is a bad control panel, not the control board.

- The part number for the new control panel AP2029522

- Here are the break down diagrams for the GE oven Model JTP15WW2WW

Good luck.
Gene.
droper Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2007 4:45:53 PM(UTC)

It appears the control module has gone bad. All lights on the display are on and the controls do not respond to any input.

I show the part number as WB27K5273, to replace the entire control part.

Is this the right part and is it available??
Am I diagnosing the problem right?