Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
kayakcrzy Posted: Thursday, December 18, 2008 4:52:17 AM(UTC)

If you find, that once you clean the blower housing on the inside of the dryer, and it still does not heat well, the best way to check it is actually get a thermometer that will have a thin shaft, and poke it into the vent hose in the back, and see what the temp is. You might have an operating thermostat problem. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
libertyappl Posted: Wednesday, December 17, 2008 6:01:42 PM(UTC)

If it's heating it's not the element. Check your vent hose to see if it is kinked. If not check the entire vent hose to the outside. If nothing there open the unit and look for an obstruction inside the air flow of the unit.
Here's your breakdown Model LE8317W2
Nat
toddsabo Posted: Wednesday, December 17, 2008 2:30:57 PM(UTC)

My Amana dryer is taking 70-80 minutes to dry a normal load of clothes. I noticed that it started taking longer to dry about a year or so ago.

I'm just getting around to fixing it and think the heating element might be partially burnt out, but wanted to check to see if any one had any advise as to what else it might be.

Thanks,

Todd