Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
kayakcrzy Posted: Wednesday, January 26, 2011 3:18:00 AM(UTC)

If you have not taken the wires off of the old one. The way you do this is, if the timer is exactly the same as the old one, you take 1 wire off of the old one, and then put it on the new one. Even if the timer is different, the terminals on the timer should be marked. So, if a terminal is marked B, on the old one, it goes to B on the new one. Should not be hard at all. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
denman Posted: Wednesday, January 26, 2011 2:26:48 AM(UTC)

I am assuming by "shaft" you actually mean the timer itself.

This could be a real pain. GE likes to keep all tech info a secret so I am not able to get a wiring diagram.
Since you did not mention it, I am assuming that you did not find a wiring diagram in the control console. Perhaps it is glued to the back of the unit. You really could use a diagram.

Here are a couple example wiring diagrams that may help.
http://www.applianceaid.com/diagrams.html

I would not attempt hooking it up without a wiring diagram unless you have some appliance repair knowledge and can trace wires to confirm color coding etc.

With luck someone else will jump in with the required info.

Hook it up incorrectly and you could end up with a very large arc and spark perhaps even fire.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Jndavid17 Posted: Tuesday, January 25, 2011 1:24:20 PM(UTC)

I had to replace the timer shaft on my dryer I cannot determine which wires coincide with the letters on the shaft