Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
help911 Posted: Tuesday, May 8, 2018 12:24:57 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: rebark Go to Quoted Post
[FONT='Times New Roman']I have a [/FONT][FONT='Times New Roman']Frigidaire[/FONT][FONT='Times New Roman'] [/FONT][FONT='Times New Roman']Dishwasher[/FONT][FONT='Times New Roman'] FPHD2491KFO less than one year old. All of the buttons (lights and sounds) are working on the control panel except for the Delay Start and Start/ Cancel buttons. When these buttons are selected nothing happens, no lights or sound indicating it was selected. Under normal operation, when the Start/Cancel is selected, it lights up, beeps, and "CL" on the LED display prompts you to close the door. Any suggestions as to what the failure may be? C[FONT='Times New Roman']ontrol board or the control panel?[/FONT][/FONT]

Hey man hope you're well. I am having the exact same problem with my unit.Did you ever get it figured out?
denman Posted: Tuesday, January 11, 2011 2:32:15 AM(UTC)

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]My question is, does this help point or indicate what the fault is?[/COLOR]
It does seem to indicate that the start/cancel on the keypad is working.
"Cd" is close door so I would check that both door switches are closing.
Unless you can see a mechanical problem with them or the latch, you will need a meter to be sure they are closing.

[COLOR="DarkGreen"] Has the unit been put in an idle mode and needs reset?[/COLOR]
I do not think there is a reset.
You could try removing power from the unit for 10 minutes or so and see if it will reset.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
rebark Posted: Monday, January 10, 2011 1:07:48 PM(UTC)

Thanks Denman for the tech sheet for my unit. I have been doing some troubleshooting and have found something interesting.
I can get the unit to work per the Water/Service Test. Interestingly, if I press and hold the air dry and start/cancel pads simultaneously the dishwasher will display "Cd" and will run when the door is close.
My question is, does this help point or indicate what the fault is? Has the unit been put in an idle mode and needs reset? Or does it help point to a keypad or control board as the fault?
Thanks again for your advise.
denman Posted: Monday, January 10, 2011 1:00:02 AM(UTC)

Here is the tech sheet
http://manuals.frigidaire.com/prodinfo_pdf/Kinston/67500607317.pdf

Unfortunately Frigidaire does not publish the pin outs for the control panel (keyboard) so it is difficult to check. Not impossible but difficult as meter polarity can be important and some knowledge of how matrix keyboards are put together is required.
Most keyboards use a single common wire (track) for a number of keys, it sounds like that common track is no longer conducting.

You may want to try the following.
Connector Cleaning / Checking
Unplug the unit
Open it up
Remove the ribbon cable from the keypad to the control board at the control board.
Clean the edge connector.
If it is the type where there is not a connector just the insulation is removed, it can be cleaned with a pencil eraser. Do not use an ink eraser as it is too abrasive.
Check the tracks in the ribbon cable for hairline cracks. A magnifying glass helps here.
Would not hurt to clean the connector on the board. Use electronics contact cleaner or isopropyl alcohol and a tooth brush. Be gentle and do not reconnect till all the solvent evaporates.
Reconnect everything and give it a try.

If this does nothing then I would replace the console/keypad first.
Still a bit of a crap shoot because you control board can also cause this problem.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
rebark Posted: Sunday, January 9, 2011 5:53:14 PM(UTC)

[FONT='Times New Roman']I have a [/FONT][FONT='Times New Roman']Frigidaire[/FONT][FONT='Times New Roman'] [/FONT][FONT='Times New Roman']Dishwasher[/FONT][FONT='Times New Roman'] FPHD2491KFO less than one year old. All of the buttons (lights and sounds) are working on the control panel except for the Delay Start and Start/ Cancel buttons. When these buttons are selected nothing happens, no lights or sound indicating it was selected. Under normal operation, when the Start/Cancel is selected, it lights up, beeps, and "CL" on the LED display prompts you to close the door. Any suggestions as to what the failure may be? C[FONT='Times New Roman']ontrol board or the control panel?[/FONT][/FONT]