Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
richappy Posted: Tuesday, January 4, 2011 12:33:29 AM(UTC)

I didn't look up your parts, but maybe your cam door closers on top of the door hing are worn.
splinterexpert Posted: Monday, January 3, 2011 4:01:57 PM(UTC)

Richappy- thanks, but already tried that...
richappy Posted: Monday, January 3, 2011 1:54:13 PM(UTC)

Your door gasket might be deformed in places. To fix this, duck tape the door closed overnight, Should pull the gasket into place.
splinterexpert Posted: Monday, January 3, 2011 9:44:56 AM(UTC)

Hi all. I am working on an upright freezer that has a door seal issue. The gasket is in good shape. I levelled the box and made sure it tilts back a little to encourage the door to shut. I loosened the gasket screws in the corners and flexed the door to see if it would help- it did help, but did not completely solve the problem. Very light presure anywhere on the door seems to help, and I am wondering of you have to lock the door to get a good seal. I have not tried heating the gasket, as the gasket is not really deformed. Is there a trick to this I have fogotten? Do some freezers require that you lock the door?
Thanks!