Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Joe / APP Team Posted: Tuesday, January 4, 2011 5:44:54 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: jim/bev wilson Go to Quoted Post
Joe thank you for your reply. Just hoping you typo'ed the pins I do not have a pin 4 but I did a quick ohm check and jumpeded pin 3 to pin 5 and that gave me 120 volts to the ice maker. So guessing I have a cap leaking on that board which is causing the low voltage.
Thank you for your help.

jim

Jim,

I'm still sure you're needing the board kit,

But, I don't have a wiring diagram simillar to yours, there may have been an engineering change, but, again I'm sure the new kit will solve your problem.

Make sure you install the complete(both boards) kit.

:cool: :cool: :cool:
jim/bev wilson Posted: Monday, January 3, 2011 5:07:50 PM(UTC)

Joe thank you for your reply. Just hoping you typo'ed the pins I do not have a pin 4 but I did a quick ohm check and jumpeded pin 3 to pin 5 and that gave me 120 volts to the ice maker. So guessing I have a cap leaking on that board which is causing the low voltage.
Thank you for your help.

jim
Joe / APP Team Posted: Monday, January 3, 2011 9:12:32 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: jim/bev wilson Go to Quoted Post
The ice maker stopped making ice. Water in door works fine. Trouble shooting found a voltage problem (i believe) I removed the ice makes unit and unplugged the power cord (White, black, cream, green) 4 wire cable.
I measured the voltage at the connector in the freezer and between the white (N) and the Black (L) wires I only have 106 volts. Why? If I power the unit from a different source it all works fine. I guessing here that my problem is power coming into the ice maker not the actual ice maker its self. Where does this cable come from?

thanks

Jim

Jim,

You most likely have a bad "Reciever Board" on the automated ice dispenser system.

The easiest way to test the board / ice maker is:

*** Remove power to the refrigerator ***

This will be a live voltage test,so be careful...

Remove the reciever board assembly( the control on the right side of the freezer wall),

Disconnect the wire harness from the printed circuit board.

With a jumper wire(paper clip seems to work best),

install the jumper wire between pin 3 and pin 4 on the wire harness connector,
(usually black with a white stripe and black with a yellow stripe).

Restore power to the refrigerator and check for 120 VAC at the black and white wires at the ice maker wall harness.

If 120 VAC is present, order and replace the control board kit,

Part number: AP3137510
Part number: AP3137510

If you still have the wrong voltage, you'll need to check the harness, for loose connections or frayed wiring.

Good Luck,
:) :) :)
jim/bev wilson Posted: Sunday, January 2, 2011 9:19:17 AM(UTC)

The ice maker stopped making ice. Water in door works fine. Trouble shooting found a voltage problem (i believe) I removed the ice makes unit and unplugged the power cord (White, black, cream, green) 4 wire cable.
I measured the voltage at the connector in the freezer and between the white (N) and the Black (L) wires I only have 106 volts. Why? If I power the unit from a different source it all works fine. I guessing here that my problem is power coming into the ice maker not the actual ice maker its self. Where does this cable come from?

thanks

Jim