Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Anilkumar15 Posted: Friday, December 31, 2010 7:12:28 PM(UTC)

I also left the icemaker in the freezer for 30 minutes and thermosasate's resistance was some where near 4-5 ohm (varying frequently). It seems that thermostate is working. It became open in room-temperature.
I can change the whole icemaker which is available locally in Austin for $135+tax but I am wondering what is wrong with existing icemaker module. Electrically it looks fine , mechanically something can be wrong.
Its ice-making module is getting stuck in the middle in ice (facing downward), do you think motor-module is bad ? Motor-module's price is almost same as icemaker at local store so I will change whole icemaker if I have to.
ApplianceJunk Posted: Friday, December 31, 2010 6:17:25 PM(UTC)

Quote:
The push arm (looks like big white comb) is frozen in the ice.

You will need to replace the icemaker with a new one.
Anilkumar15 Posted: Friday, December 31, 2010 5:44:41 PM(UTC)

Hello,
My icemaker has stopped making ice.
Symtoms: There is ice in the icemaker and it is not being pushed out . The push arm (looks like big white comb) is frozen in the ice.

I have gone though previous post on the same subject and gone through suggested diagnosis and still not able to figure out what is wrong. Here is what I have done...

1. Water-line valve check: In the back of the refrigerator , I switched the solenoid connection and there is water flowing to the ice maker chamber.
2. Removed the icemake-module. Opened the left side cover (white cover) as well as Motor-module. Motor resistance is 4.5K , heater-resistance is 75Ohm, thermostate reads open and resistance of black-wire (it has thermal fuse) is 1.5 Ohm.
3. Optical sensor works as expected. It means that when there is no optical connection, LED flashes twice after a second stop. It becomes solid red when there is optical connection.
4. I let the icemaker module to stay outside for one day and it put it back. After few minutes , there was water in the ice-chamber. The white-arm of the ice-pusher was pointed outside.So it basically rotates.

Now I am not sure what to check. BTW, where is T&H which is shorted by jumper wire by some people to debug?

Thanks for your help,
Anil Kumar