Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guest Posted: Tuesday, November 22, 2022 3:14:25 PM(UTC)

I have the same issue dependable maytag lattitude will fill up but nothing but ticking faint then wash on delicate. Paid repair guy to do what I did and minus $70. He thinks it is controller. I have a used and working controller on. The way and will try that. I've had this Maytag since 1996 so if it is broken I've gotten my money's worth.
Guest Posted: Sunday, November 28, 2021 2:39:33 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: mpd33 Go to Quoted Post
I don't have any answers, but I do have the exact same problem. About a week ago my Maytag (Model: LAT9704AAE) stopped completing the cycle except for the delicate cycle. Tonight I've just noticed on the electrical schematic (found it taped under the control console) that the only cycle the motor runs in slow speed is for the 'delicate' cycle. The three other cycles run the motor in 'regular speed'. Is it possible for the motor to work in one speed but not the other?

mpd33 Posted: Saturday, November 22, 2008 11:36:15 AM(UTC)

I found a good web site for drawings at 'point and click appliance repair'.
I put in my washer's model number and they provided excellent drawings.
magician59 Posted: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 3:29:01 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: mpd33 Go to Quoted Post
Is it possible for the motor to work in one speed but not the other?

Yes. That's why it is important to check to make sure you're correctly diagnosing. Both components are expensive. Timers fail more frequently than motors. Try this: Select a cycle. When the machine quits mid-cycle, turn the timer one click at a time, checking to see if you can make it restart. If you can, chances are the timer is the culprit.
mpd33 Posted: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 2:48:30 PM(UTC)

I don't have any answers, but I do have the exact same problem. About a week ago my Maytag (Model: LAT9704AAE) stopped completing the cycle except for the delicate cycle. Tonight I've just noticed on the electrical schematic (found it taped under the control console) that the only cycle the motor runs in slow speed is for the 'delicate' cycle. The three other cycles run the motor in 'regular speed'. Is it possible for the motor to work in one speed but not the other?
magician59 Posted: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 5:12:09 AM(UTC)

Make sure you rule out the lid switch. I suspect the timer also. When you replace the belts, they should remain loose. the pump belt will appear to be almost falling off the pulleys. This is Maytag's design to eliminate the clutch that other manufacturers use.
rsimms Posted: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 6:29:11 PM(UTC)

Manually rotating the knob throughout the cycles does not work. The tub fills up and then does nothing. The only working cycle is delicate. That's why we suspected the timer.

Also, do you know if there are any belt adjustments to be made when replacing worn belts with new ones?
Maytag Model LAT8435AAM.

Thanks.
magician59 Posted: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 9:40:15 AM(UTC)

I wouldn't rule it out as a suspect. Try manually setting it to rinse/spin in a regular cycle and close the lid. What does it do? Test the lid switch.
rsimms Posted: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 9:30:01 AM(UTC)

Do the symptoms I explaining sound like the timer could be out?
magician59 Posted: Monday, November 17, 2008 12:00:34 PM(UTC)

The tech sheet inside the console has all the information a master tech should need. Just study the timer chart: it shows which contacts should be open and closed at the various settings of the dial.