Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
magician59 Posted: Monday, November 17, 2008 7:52:41 AM(UTC)

The "sensor bar" is just a pair of contacts. Unless there is a major break in one of them, or, perhaps, a wire disconnected underneath, they rarely fail. They may be coated with an insulating residue, especially if you are using a liquid softener. You can clean them by wiping them with an alcohol moistened cloth. I would check the sensor circuit board for good connections, before determining to replace it.
denman Posted: Sunday, November 16, 2008 5:27:03 AM(UTC)

Could be either.
This should help you figure out which it is
http://www.servicematters.com/m...ibrary/docs/16023110.pdf

See page 3-2

Could be the sensor bar has an open connection so the unit thinks the clothes are dry.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
ratflinger Posted: Sunday, November 16, 2008 4:32:45 AM(UTC)

Upon further review it is the moisture senor or it's circuit board. Dryer works fine in timed operation.
ratflinger Posted: Saturday, November 15, 2008 6:59:22 PM(UTC)

Dryer now takes 1 1/2 hrs to dry even a small load. I was in the dryer a few months back to replace bushings & belts. I thoroughly cleaned the insides & the vent is blowing out fine. This started a couple of days ago. Like I said low heat only, so it takes 2 cycles to dry. Timer cycles fine and shuts itself off but the moisture monitor only sees low moisture so maybe the monitor circuit is not letting the heater go full blast on wet clothes.

Is this a moisture monitor problem or a heating element problem?