Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
retrac Posted: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 11:33:36 AM(UTC)

Thanks for the help and Happy Thanksgiving to all!

retrac
Gene Posted: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 10:33:37 AM(UTC)

We are glad you were able to fix it. Happy Thanksgiving.

Gene.
retrac Posted: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 8:36:02 AM(UTC)

Well I didn't have to replace a relay after all. After removing the power board from the sheetmetal mount I found 1/4" of the copper trace on the board from P2 terminal to the relay missing. I decided to bridge the gap with solder so I scraped a little of the green protector off the copper trace to allow more to be exposed. I'm happy to report that bake now works like a charm, I even ran the clean cycle with no ill effect. Yippee!
retrac Posted: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 4:44:58 AM(UTC)

I wonder why LOL. BTW, purchased locally & installed the broil elements and they work fine. I would've purchased from this site and saved $16 but being OOS with a 5-6 day wait to ship wouldn't work with the upcoming cooking holiday.

Thanks,
retrac
Gene Posted: Monday, November 17, 2008 7:45:32 PM(UTC)

Unfortunately all manufacturers keep them as a top secret.

Gene.
retrac Posted: Monday, November 17, 2008 7:41:40 PM(UTC)

Will do. BTW, do you have the power board ic schematic you can share? I can attempt to trace it out but it would be nice to have. I've found a source for the Omron relays and will attempt a repair since it seems they are the usual suspects.

Thanks,
retrac
Gene Posted: Monday, November 17, 2008 12:41:51 PM(UTC)

Keep us posted.

Gene.
retrac Posted: Friday, November 14, 2008 3:26:39 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
I do not think so. A faulty relay is one of most common problems with all kind of power (control) boards.

Gene.
P.S. Replace the Broil element too. The part number is AP2926636
The reason I asked this is when the bake element went out and I pulled it, there were two 2" to 3" pieces that had melted and dropped to the pan below. Also will be replacing the dual broil element though it's OOS on the site.

Thanks,
retrac
Gene Posted: Friday, November 14, 2008 12:23:00 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: retrac Go to Quoted Post
...Could the original failure of the bake element be because the outer broil element went bad causing the bake element to work double duity getting to and keeping the oven at the desired temp?...

I do not think so. A faulty relay is one of most common problems with all kind of power (control) boards.

Gene.
P.S. Replace the Broil element too. The part number is AP2926636
retrac Posted: Friday, November 14, 2008 12:11:28 PM(UTC)

Thanks Gene. Wish I could replace the suspect relay, probubly could if I were able to nail down the relay on the board and purchase a replacement. Could the original failure of the bake element be because the outer broil element went bad causing the bake element to work double duity getting to and keeping the oven at the desired temp? The reason I ask is while ohming all elements the outer broil is open, inner is fine.

Again thanks,
retrac