Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Thursday, November 13, 2008 4:22:42 PM(UTC)

Make sure the ground wire has solid connection to the cooktop frame and to the power cord ground wire.

Make sure the hot wire from the power cord is connected to the hot (probably black) wire from the cooktop harness.

Check the wire insulation from this igniter to the spark module.

If there is nothing wrong with ground and the wire then the spark module has to be replaced.

- The part number for the spark module is AP2020570

Gene.
wes fagan Posted: Thursday, November 13, 2008 1:58:53 PM(UTC)

Gene:

Thank you for the reply. Can you give me some idea of what constitutes a good ground? Where does the ground break down? You're not talking about through the electric plug? Is it at the flame spreaders, is it a green ground wire somewhere?

Thank you.
Gene Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 6:26:36 PM(UTC)

One of the most important condition for proper electric ignition is good ground for the stove and all burners.

Gene.
wes fagan Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 8:42:08 AM(UTC)

Stove top has 4 burners with 4 AP2020568 electrodes (spark ignitors), 1 for each burner. 2 left work fine, 2 right did not spark so I replaced them. Now 3 of the 4 work but front right does not spark. It makes the clicking sound but doesn' spark. I think the knob, wiring and the spark (brand new) are ok.

When you take the individual burner off the cook top, to access the spark, there is a metal rivet under the burner attached through the stove top. The rivet is rusted and I'm wondering if this plays a part in completing the spark "circut". Or does the bottom of the burner where the spark would "jump to" need to be sandpapered?