Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guest Posted: Wednesday, March 29, 2023 11:46:45 AM(UTC)

“GULFSOUNDS” I realize this is an old post, but I am curious to know what you did about the flooding in the all-freezer as we have the same problem. We also have the all- fridge and have the mold problem, but it recently got worse. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Guest Posted: Wednesday, March 29, 2023 11:46:05 AM(UTC)

“GULFSOUNDS” I realize this is an old post, but I am curious to know what you did about the flooding in the all-freezer as we have the same problem. We also have the all- fridge and have the mold problem, but it recently got worse. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Guest Posted: Thursday, April 8, 2021 3:46:05 AM(UTC)

I too have accumulating mold on all my foods! I have a GE side by side refrigerator. I tried everything! Help!
JulesLamers Posted: Wednesday, September 4, 2013 1:58:11 AM(UTC)

This mold problem is quite annoying..i hope someone has a nice solution to it.
sunshine11 Posted: Wednesday, September 4, 2013 12:51:54 AM(UTC)

I too am another GE monogram victim with the same issues and mold damage to the walls behind the unit. They offered me a new unit at a reduced price and I unfortunately fell for it before doing complete research. I am now wondering if the problem will re-appear. My unit was 10 years old. Shouldn't have they replaced it for free due to these flaws? I would love to talk to anyone with more information on their dealings with GE. They are quite dishonest and should not have this faulty model on the market.
rickmartin Posted: Saturday, June 1, 2013 3:03:48 AM(UTC)

There are a lot of things which can destroy a home. Tornadoes, hurricanes, foreclosure, the in-laws, but none of these hold a candle to a mold variety called poria incrassata. Poria is a form of dry rot, which is fantastically pervasive but additionally a real headache. Once you detect it, it's almost too late to fix. Pay to take care of mold in your house with an installment loan.
Lbianes Posted: Tuesday, November 6, 2012 12:54:04 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: GE Hater Go to Quoted Post
Please contact me regarding the mold and you GE Monogram refrigerator. I have the same problem. The excessive moisture coming from the refrigerator made mold and polluted my home. Pull the refrigerator and see if the mold is growing on the wall behind it.

Hello,

My ZISS420DMCS (GE Monogram 42" side by side) refrigerator has been leaking water onto my floor. I noticed that the metal pan (or support) under the compressor seems to be rusted and water is pooling there. I believe this water is making its way down to the floor, which is causing water intrusion problems in the drywall. In addition, I occasionally notice condensation problems inside the the refrigerator compartment along the left wall. There is also a spot of rust on the bottom of the compressor. Does anyone know if GE will honor their 12 year parts warranty on the compressor or water pan? If this is a chronic problem it seems that this is a design or manufacturing flaw.

GE Hater, You seem to have some experience with the water leaks and mold problem. What was your final resolution?
chocomom Posted: Sunday, May 13, 2012 12:24:33 PM(UTC)

When we built our house 7 yrs ago we bought a GE Monogram All Fridge...we had problems from day one and contacted GE right away..some of the racks were rusting after owning it a few months then we had major mold problem that required cleaning all the time.

Owned other brands of fridges and never had a problem..over the course of a year, I called GE only to get the run around and they didn't believe that a new fridge would have a mold issue. Promises of repairmen never came about and letter to corporate was never address.

I will NEVER by a GE product just based on their customer relations or lack of. They had me thinking I was a crazy customer making up issues with mold to get a new fridge or something.

Now the all fridge has stopped working all together and I don't 1. have the money to fix it or 2. the money to replace that hunk of junk.

Thank goodness we kept our older Amana fridge which hasn't have a problem at all.

No thanks GE!:mad:
gulfsounds Posted: Saturday, May 12, 2012 6:52:37 AM(UTC)

I, too, have had this problem since we purchased this refrigerator. We purchased at a local independent appliance center with a good reputation. I have suspected that we might have gotten a flood-damaged model from Hurricane Katrina since it was a scratch and dent sale item. I have had 3 previous Kenmore refrigerators with no problems and excellent service, even replaced 2 models that we had had for 10 years or so because they had since been recalled! Now that I see this problem is inherent in GE monogram, i will very likely not buy another. By the way, we were building a new kitchen and also bought the all freezer. We have issues now with a leak, causing water to collect under the bottom drawers and freeze shut. We did recently install a GE monogram warming drawer and so far it works perfectly. But now I have concerns about GE products.
technicom Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2012 4:36:15 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: tlkusak Go to Quoted Post
Please advise if you still have the contact info for your GE repair man...I have the exact problem...tired of cleaning my fridge top to bottom to get rid of mold only to have it come back again! I am desperate.

Sorry, I don't have his name. I escalated this to GE via their service dept on-line to get a response. They, on the third call, found the service person who made substantial changes to the internal parts. Suggest you go this route.