Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
sidfink43 Posted: Sunday, October 24, 2010 7:28:55 AM(UTC)

You could have one of several problems in the transmission/control area, and they are not easy or inexpensive repairs.

Since it is in a rental unit I strongly recommend you take the money you would have spent and get a good used or new basic direct drive top load washer and replace it. In our area good used units are $125-$150 and new units can be had for less than $300.00.
BrokeinNC Posted: Saturday, October 23, 2010 8:07:37 AM(UTC)

I have a 6 yr old GE washing machine that has been having some trouble with the spin cycle. Whenever there is a full load in the basket it will not spin properly. I do not believe that the tub is draining when the cycle will not begin. I tried removing the clothes and making a "dry" run. When doing so the tub spins, but the timer does not advance. For the last couple of weeks it has been making an awful lurching noise when it would spin with clothes. Any suggestions? This is in a rental unit, so I'm looking for a low cost fix if available.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!