Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
v2k04 Posted: Friday, October 24, 2008 1:18:12 PM(UTC)

lol typical......The tranny is pretty much shot If you bought it new you definitely got your 379.00 out of it
dejoel Posted: Friday, October 24, 2008 12:23:49 PM(UTC)

By the way, it's been howling during the spin cycle for quite a while already.
dejoel Posted: Friday, October 24, 2008 12:22:13 PM(UTC)

Thanks for your advice. Anyone else agree or disagree with this? Can you tell me if a new belt might make it work a little longer until I have time to get a new one? Why does it spin sometimes - like when I haven't used it for a day or more?
v2k04 Posted: Friday, October 24, 2008 7:25:01 AM(UTC)

A GE Washer such as yours that is more than 5 years old isn't really worth repairing. by now if the tranny isn't leaking oil and howling in spin it will before to long not to mention the motor and clutch are probably worn out. GE made those machines to run at best 5 years and at the end of that time you toss it and buy another one they're junk to begin with.
dejoel Posted: Friday, October 24, 2008 6:45:40 AM(UTC)

Could someone please reply soon. I need to do laundry. Thanks.:)
dejoel Posted: Thursday, October 23, 2008 9:57:46 AM(UTC)

My washer fills, agitates, drains, but does not spin. Sometimes it will start spinning very slowly, and then stop. I can hear the motor. I have tried it with or without clothes in it. I looked at the belt and it seems to be fine, but I don't know much about washers. Would the machine agitate if the belt was bad? Please let me know what I should check.