Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guest Posted: Thursday, April 1, 2021 5:46:14 PM(UTC)

Hi Everyone I have an issue with Maytag bravos xl washer with an f51 error.I did replaced RPS and still getting this error.When washer on spinning cycle I noticed vibration sounds like it shifting every 5 seconds .
Guest Posted: Thursday, April 1, 2021 5:43:37 PM(UTC)

Hi Everyone I have an issue with Maytag bravos xl washer with an f51 error.I did replaced RPS and still getting this error.When washer on spinning cycle I noticed vibration sounds like it shifting every 5 seconds .
Joe / APP Team Posted: Monday, May 22, 2017 5:26:42 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Kylew Go to Quoted Post
After taking agitator and tub out there was a small rag in the bottom of the washer. Cleaned all equipment and put back together. Still had the same error at either 26 minutes or 15 minutes. Troubleshooted for a while, putting machine into manual and going through each cycle, intermittently would kick out at the agitation cycle. Ended up watching a video on changing the rps sensor on the bottom of the machine and whilst taking apart, the first two bolts I took off were completely loose. Giving it a shot, I went no further, tightened the bolts and haven't had an issue since. Works like new and didn't have to buy any parts. Thinking those loose bolts may have been setting the sensor off thinking it was uneven load. All good now. Back to washing blankets and comforters.

Kylew, GREAT !!! We're glad to know you're machine is up and running. We had a feeling you would find the problem and have it repaired in no time. Your update information should be helpful to those that read the repair forum when trying to repair their "Cabrio" style washer. Thanks Again,
Kylew Posted: Sunday, May 21, 2017 5:08:16 PM(UTC)

After taking agitator and tub out there was a small rag in the bottom of the washer. Cleaned all equipment and put back together. Still had the same error at either 26 minutes or 15 minutes. Troubleshooted for a while, putting machine into manual and going through each cycle, intermittently would kick out at the agitation cycle. Ended up watching a video on changing the rps sensor on the bottom of the machine and whilst taking apart, the first two bolts I took off were completely loose. Giving it a shot, I went no further, tightened the bolts and haven't had an issue since. Works like new and didn't have to buy any parts. Thinking those loose bolts may have been setting the sensor off thinking it was uneven load. All good now. Back to washing blankets and comforters.
Joe / APP Team Posted: Thursday, March 16, 2017 5:31:00 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Kampkand Go to Quoted Post
Hey Joe, sorry I have been away for the last few days. I have installed the new parts and I can wash again, however it is limited to very small quantities of clothes. If I put too much in I get the F51 error code again. I'm thinking now that it's probably the rotor that is giving me grief now.

At this point I think I'm going to buy a new one, as the rotor is another $230.

Thanks again for all your help

Kampkand, Sometimes that can happen, fortunately not very often. Was pretty sure after all the checks and rechecks you made the washer would be up and running. Sorry it didn't work out. Good Luck !!!
Kampkand Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 7:51:08 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Joe / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Kampkand,

OK, Good deal Thanks,

Hey Joe, sorry I have been away for the last few days. I have installed the new parts and I can wash again, however it is limited to very small quantities of clothes. If I put too much in I get the F51 error code again. I'm thinking now that it's probably the rotor that is giving me grief now.

At this point I think I'm going to buy a new one, as the rotor is another $230.

Thanks again for all your help
Joe / APP Team Posted: Wednesday, March 8, 2017 5:03:17 AM(UTC)

Ok thanks Joe, I have ordered that kit and will let you know what happens.

Kampkand,

OK, Good deal Thanks,
Kampkand Posted: Tuesday, March 7, 2017 3:14:26 PM(UTC)

Kampkand, That's a very likely possibility. You've checked or repaired everything else. it's a "sensitive" part and doesn't take much for it to malfunction. You would want to consider the Part number: AP4327312
Part number: AP4327312

that way you get a new wire harness, sensor and cover. Make sure you install all the parts. That way you have checked cleaned and repaired the drive system, and it should be quite awhile before you need anything else.

Ok thanks Joe, I have ordered that kit and will let you know what happens.
Joe / APP Team Posted: Tuesday, March 7, 2017 11:02:12 AM(UTC)

Joe, I received the hub kit today, and it was a lot tighter when I installed it. however I'm still getting F51. It doesn't slip anymore, but it is still doing the jerking when it's trying to agitate the load.

I'm wondering now if it is the sensor, although the resistances are within the range specified on the service sheet.

here's another video of what it's doing, it won't run very long before it codes.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/luwxwc...dcpsuj/IMG_1459.MOV?dl=0

Kampkand, That's a very likely possibility. You've checked or repaired everything else. it's a "sensitive" part and doesn't take much for it to malfunction. You would want to consider the Part number: AP4327312
Part number: AP4327312

that way you get a new wire harness, sensor and cover. Make sure you install all the parts. That way you have checked cleaned and repaired the drive system, and it should be quite awhile before you need anything else.
Kampkand Posted: Monday, March 6, 2017 2:47:01 PM(UTC)

Kampkand, Great !! appreciate it .

Yes, Please let us know what happens. Thanks again

Joe, I received the hub kit today, and it was a lot tighter when I installed it. however I'm still getting F51. It doesn't slip anymore, but it is still doing the jerking when it's trying to agitate the load.

I'm wondering now if it is the sensor, although the resistances are within the range specified on the service sheet.

here's another video of what it's doing, it won't run very long before it codes.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/luwxwc...dcpsuj/IMG_1459.MOV?dl=0