Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
pgottfried Posted: Monday, October 11, 2010 7:39:37 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: pgottfried Go to Quoted Post
The lid switch currently on the washer has a clear hollow tube on it that doesn't seem to be connected to anything. Will the replacement part I ordered from appliancepartspros.com have that too ? If so, does that get connected to anything ?

OK Thanks. It has arrived, but I ahven't had a chance to open the box yet.
applianceman Posted: Monday, October 11, 2010 5:09:55 AM(UTC)

I don't think the new part will have the tube.
pgottfried Posted: Friday, October 8, 2010 10:38:45 AM(UTC)

The lid switch currently on the washer has a clear hollow tube on it that doesn't seem to be connected to anything. Will the replacement part I ordered from appliancepartspros.com have that too ? If so, does that get connected to anything ?
pgottfried Posted: Friday, October 8, 2010 10:36:12 AM(UTC)

Thank you. The video was most helpful, even though it stopped short of putting everything back together. Hopefully, I will be able to figure that out and won't have any parts left over.
applianceman Posted: Friday, October 8, 2010 10:04:57 AM(UTC)

You don't have to splice the wires it will just plug right in.
applianceman Posted: Friday, October 8, 2010 10:04:10 AM(UTC)

This page shows how to access the lid switch. Whirlpool Washer Not Spinning Repair Guide
pgottfried Posted: Friday, October 8, 2010 6:42:24 AM(UTC)

I have ordered a lid switch. I want to know the steps I should take to gain access to the interior to remove the old wiring connection and connect the new, so I don't have to splice the wiring for the new switch onto the old.