Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guest Posted: Sunday, March 20, 2022 8:17:33 AM(UTC)

I pressed broil on my double kitchen aid walll unit to heat up some bread. I came back 25 minutes later to find smoke inside unit and the oven had shut off.
I cannot power unit back on. It is only 5 years old. I waited for it to cool down,I turned the breaker off for an hour and then turned breaker back on but again no power
Guest Posted: Sunday, March 20, 2022 8:15:54 AM(UTC)

I pressed broil on my double kitchen aid walll unit to heat up some bread. I came back 25 minutes later to find smoke inside unit and the oven had shut off.
I cannot power unit back on. It is only 5 years old. I waited for it to cool down,I turned the breaker off for an hour and then turned breaker back on but again no power
Guest Posted: Thursday, September 30, 2021 1:31:04 PM(UTC)

Could you please post the pictures?
Thanks
Guest Posted: Thursday, September 30, 2021 1:28:57 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: GirkMonster Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: mikeg1303 Go to Quoted Post
I also have a KitchenAid KESC308L Slid in Electric Range. My control panel display would sporadically stop working, now it never lights up. Everything responds and works properly, but nothing lights up. I have seen this post on here, but no solutions or suggestions have been posted. Anyone have any ideas?

The problem may be a cold solder joint on the male 13-pin AMP connector on the display board. Cut the power, remove the console and then remove the control board. Gently twist the metal tabs to release the control board from the metal plate beneath it to expose the underside. At the top left side (near the clear plastic indicator light that you likely just removed) you will see a 13-pin connector. Carefully remove the solder from each pin and resolder using 60/40 tin/lead solder.

I suspect that the solder used at the factory was RoHS complaint and did not contain lead. The lead gives the joint elasticity and makes for a better connection. This takes a steady hand and the right tools. Not something a first-timer should try. But, I performed this repair last night and the intermittent problem has gone away. I used to be able to cause the display to cut in and out by manipulating the ribbon cable and now I cannot.

83roadrunner Posted: Tuesday, December 5, 2017 3:14:32 PM(UTC)

Hi,
Thanks for the post. Please post the photos of the repairs. I think I have the exact same problem.
Much appreciated!!

83roadrunner
FixNMix Posted: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 3:28:41 PM(UTC)

Thanks for the post! Made what could've been a long night of troubleshooting a 30 minute repair. My wife is glad to have her display back.
Billyfixit Posted: Saturday, December 3, 2016 5:31:55 AM(UTC)

Thanks for the excellent post. The repair was exactly as described. ( I only needed to re solder the left most pin). I took pictures the whole way through hoping to post them here, but can't seem to upload them. Fails for some reason. If anyone knows how to post them let me know. I'm glad to share.
Billyfixit Posted: Saturday, December 3, 2016 5:26:22 AM(UTC)

Thanks for the excellent post. The repair was exactly as described. ( I only needed to res older the left most pin). I'll try to attach some pictures..
exmax Posted: Monday, September 7, 2015 9:47:48 AM(UTC)

GirkMonster, thanks for your post. You're absolutly right. I solved the problem in 15 minutes. :D
GcornLg Posted: Thursday, March 26, 2015 1:47:58 PM(UTC)

I had the same issue, no LED lights on the control panel of my Kitchenaid Superba KGRC608. I followed your process.....resoldered the last pin on the back of the board for the 13-pin connector. Lights are good now. Thanks.