Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guest Posted: Sunday, September 18, 2022 5:39:32 AM(UTC)

I was cooking in convection mode yesterday and this exact same thing happened to me. I am so thankful for this post. I will post when mine is up and running
bradgunn211 Posted: Wednesday, March 8, 2017 8:58:04 AM(UTC)

so I want to try this.. DO i have to lower the microwave off the wall or can you just get in there and do this? any pics?
bradgunn211 Posted: Wednesday, March 8, 2017 8:55:57 AM(UTC)

Can you post a link of where I can buy this 15$ part? I have the same issue :/
JesusV Posted: Tuesday, November 18, 2014 2:06:48 PM(UTC)

After reading through most of the posts, I was able to decipher how to identify the TCO's (not an easy task since the diagram does not specifically relate to the part numbers identified in the write-ups, nevertheless, the pictures of the part were the correct ones, and after looking through two different diagrams, I was able to identify where all three were located) and was able to take out all three TCO's, based on the verbiage and not the diagrams, without taking the microwave down form the wall. There were some tight spaces but doable. I was able to check the conductivity of all three, where 2 of them were not letting power through them. I put those two in a cup of ice, in the freezer for over an hour, and re-tested them. they both re-set, thus allowing power to flow through them. I reinstalled, all of them, and viola the microwave came back to life, and works normally now. Thanks to all that contributed. I wish I would have read the post about freezing them in place with the compresses air cans, that would have been far easier, but se-la-vie, at least I didn't have to take the whole thing down.
rha298 Posted: Friday, November 29, 2013 8:14:31 AM(UTC)

1st - Thanksgiving 2010
2nd - Thanksgiving 2013

Going to order the part again!! I just had rotator cuff surgury 2 weeks ago though. I tried to get at it without removing but no luck. Could only see the part.

I only have the problem when using the oven. No problems when using microwave. Fist one lasted 7 years the replacement 3 years. Use the oven only 1 to 3 times a year. Very disappointing!!!:mad:
Eder Posted: Thursday, October 24, 2013 12:56:51 PM(UTC)

I put a damaged TCO in ice water for 30 minutes and it worked for about 2 weeks before requiring replacement. So most likely you should order the part haha.
Muda Posted: Thursday, October 24, 2013 11:04:04 AM(UTC)

My Advantium 240 went dead this morning. Power fuse OK. So I read all the posts about the thermal shutoffs and cursed the engineers that made a cheap, replaceable part require removal of the oven. So, combining the freezer fix with my desire for in situ repair I remembered a bottle of electronics duster I had lying around. This stuff is just compressed gas but if you tilt or, God forbid, turn it upside down and pull the trigger it will shoot out the gas which instantly evaporates and freezes everything it touches. So, despite the red "NEVER" on the can, I turned it upside down and shot the vent thermal cutoff for a few seconds and blew on it lightly. Did this twice. And, voila, the thermal cutoff that tested at 13k ohms just seconds before now tested at 0 ohms. Plugged the sucker back in and reboot she did. Wonder how long this will last? ( ;
Eder Posted: Saturday, March 3, 2012 6:42:00 AM(UTC)

I would check the 2 fuses that are inside this oven. Their location is mentioned in previous posts.
glas0104 Posted: Thursday, March 1, 2012 10:21:37 AM(UTC)

Hi everyone,

I have had some issues with my Advantium 120 Above the Cooktop Oven model SCA1001HSS01. First the light in the microwave went out a couple months ago. The microwave still functioned fine just no light when the door was open or the unit was in use. Next, the surface light went out. Yesterday our electricity went out due to a storm and it seemed to be just fine. At dinner we cooked some frozen broccoli and when we took it out and closed the door we noticed it went out. It doesn't turn on at all!! To be honest we never use the convection cooking we just use it as a microwave. I purchased the appliances new when i built my home late 2004. Is it just time to replace it?

FYI- A year after I purchased my new home I did have to have it repairs to fix the interior light and it also needed a new Board ASM Main (according to my receipt).

How can I fix it?

LeAnn
Eder Posted: Monday, October 24, 2011 9:15:51 AM(UTC)

http://www.gunshowminute.com/mw...m_sca1000_sca1001_sm.pdf

Is a troubleshooting guide etc for this thing.
There are 3 TCO's in it ....magnetron should be closed,Cavity closed,hood tco will be normally open(this is the one on bottom of case behind the control panel.