Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
bob38 Posted: Wednesday, September 19, 2007 6:59:45 PM(UTC)

Have not tested the thermal limiter. Hovever, I did get the dryer to run and blow hot air. Then I turned the dryer off and tried to start it again. It would not start. Would this be the thermal limiter or something wrong with the control board?
Matt / APP Team Posted: Wednesday, September 19, 2007 5:29:57 PM(UTC)

I would start with checking the thermal fuse and thermal limiter.

Thermal fuse

Click for thermal limiter.

If its bad replace it. Did you test it with the wires off?

And do something to shorten up that vent or have it cleaned more often!

Check it out and let us know!
bob38 Posted: Wednesday, September 19, 2007 11:15:49 AM(UTC)

the other day my wife was drying clothes and she stopped the dryer to add more clothes. when she tried to start it the dryer would not start.The front panel lights come on but the dryer will not start. The back panel was hot and I suspected the dryer vent was clogged so I pulled the dryer out and the vent was clogged with lint and water. The vent pipe has to run approximately 17 feet with four turns before the hot air vents to an open area and I know this is a major problem. After clearing the vent lines I took of the front kick panel to inspect the thermal fuse which was still getting an Ohm reading so it should be good.....right? I then took off the back panel and noticed that lint was all over the the inside of the dryer. Must have been clogged for a while. After cleaning the interior of the dryer I checked the door switch. It tested fine. Now I'm looking at the control panel to see if the high heat could have damaged the control board or anything else. Am I on the right track? what do you suggest?