Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
kayakcrzy Posted: Sunday, September 28, 2008 2:42:54 PM(UTC)

Yes, replace the motor. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
swbdd Posted: Sunday, September 28, 2008 1:00:48 PM(UTC)

Any help would be appreciated.

Has worked fine until today. Wife tells me it "won't turn back on after checking clothes". After looking at it myself this is what I found........

Drier "hums" (motor won't start) when door is shut AND you don't have to push the start button to get it to do that.

If I spin the drum and push the door switch it will start up , run and blow hot air. (actually finished the load that was in it that way)

While I don't know for fact, it seemed like the heating element is on even without it running as there is heat coming out of the drum. (I unplugged the drier for now)

The knob that does the different cycles and timer seems to be ticking even when set to off. And like I said I still feel heat coming out of the the drum even after 30 to 60 seconds.

The first time I looked at it today I gave it 10 minutes to cool down and it worked as normal (I had to shut door and push start button) until it did a normal cycle and dried the clothes. I reloaded it warm and problem was back.

Any ideas? I tried to add all information I could think of.

Thanks, Dave.