Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
crista67 Posted: Thursday, March 8, 2012 1:53:11 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Rich510 Go to Quoted Post
Door is locked and will not unlock

Rich - try unplugging oven for a while (see what worked for me, above). Does that work for your oven? Is it the same brand as mine?
Rich510 Posted: Thursday, March 8, 2012 1:41:43 PM(UTC)

Door is locked and will not unlock
crista67 Posted: Friday, January 20, 2012 11:45:28 AM(UTC)

I have an older (2000 model - ARGS7650WW) Amana gas oven/range. The door latch got stuck between locked & unlocked when I tried to clean it and made an annoying beeping noise about every 30 seconds (until I hit cancel) and prevented us from using the unit. We shut off power to the stove for about 30 minutes (5 would probably work). When it came back on, the LOCK light was still on in the display, but I opened the door, pushed in the button to fool it into thinking the door was shut and the mechanical lock starting trying to move. I gently pushed it along into the unlocked position and it the light went off. I was able to successfully use the oven. Of course I'm not going to try using the self-clean cycle any time soon! Hope this helps someone else!
larrym1112 Posted: Thursday, September 25, 2008 10:02:41 AM(UTC)

Glad you found the answer for your oven. I have the same problem and posted yesterday. No replies. Any other cites that might help me. Tappan oven more than 10 years old. Thanks. Larrym1112
drew11201 Posted: Thursday, September 25, 2008 5:33:16 AM(UTC)

After checking out some other sites I found this suggestion that worked: turn the circuit breaker off for 5 minutes, turn it back on, start the self-clean cycle, then interrupt it. The oven door unlocked.
Zanshin Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2008 5:55:06 PM(UTC)

Most likely, the high temp from the clean cycle (over 900 degrees on some models) has deformed the small microswitch contacts on the door latch assembly so it doesnt know what position it is stuck in. You will need to get to the door latch catch or rod , release it and repair the fault. Most of the time you can access the latch assy from behind the grill or under the smooth top if this is one..
drew11201 Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2008 5:03:46 PM(UTC)

On our Amana Gas Range #ARGS7650 we tried the self-cleaning feature and now the oven door will not unlock.