Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Monday, November 12, 2012 12:57:39 PM(UTC)

Hi Denise,

Does it agitate?

Does it do anything when it should drain and/or spin?

The model number you posted is incomplete. Verify and repost it please.

Gene.
dnschrstn Posted: Monday, November 12, 2012 12:51:20 PM(UTC)

Kenmore model 3356472 Washing Machine

I replaced the Lid Switch and still I have no spinning or draining. What next? Everything else works.

Thanks...Denise
Gene Posted: Monday, August 27, 2012 12:06:04 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Monicab28 Go to Quoted Post
My washer needs the ld switch replaced but my aching is full of wet towels and water. How do I drain the machine to be able to fix it?

What is the complete model number of the washer?

Gene.
Monicab28 Posted: Sunday, August 26, 2012 8:58:52 PM(UTC)

My washer needs the ld switch replaced but my aching is full of wet towels and water. How do I drain the machine to be able to fix it?
Gene Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 7:02:08 PM(UTC)

You are welcome Ali. I'm glad it did work for you.

Gene.
Alibear Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 6:20:02 PM(UTC)

Hi Gene,

Thank you for sharing this video! I'm the most mechanically challenged person I know (seriously, I have trouble putting together a simple bookshelf) but with this video I was able to fix my washer all by myself. I'm super proud of myself and am happy to be doing laundry again.

Thanks again! :D
Ali
Gene Posted: Friday, March 16, 2012 10:39:06 PM(UTC)

You are welcome. I'm glad we were able to help.

Gene.
tahfrog Posted: Friday, March 16, 2012 6:25:12 PM(UTC)

Gene,
Thanks so much for the repair instructions for the lid switch. The video was the key. I actually did the repair myself and I'm not a repair type person. The part was not expensive at all and you saved me so much money. I will always check out this forum first when something else needs repair. Thanks again.
tahfrog
ssussan Posted: Saturday, August 6, 2011 8:47:20 AM(UTC)

I love the internet. I put the question in my browser and this website pops up with the correct answer. I ordered the $10 part on amazon and pulled up a great instructional video on youtube.

$10 and one hour later, this completely inexperienced person, who has never taken apart an appliance, is now doing a load of laundry.

Thanks for the great advise and saving me money! :D
She-ra Posted: Wednesday, October 6, 2010 7:20:30 PM(UTC)

I just wanted to thank you for this wonderful information. I have a Kenmore 110.23812100 purchased in 2002. This weekend it stopped working. It would wash but would not drain or spin. I went in panic mode OMG have to buy a new machine...or pay I'm sure around $100.00 for a 20 min repair. After going to the Consumer Report web site to chekout machines I decided to Google "110.23812100 won't drain or spin". It found several sites including this forum. I decided to DIY and bought the lid switch. Amazon.com had it for $12.95 + 4.99 Shipping. A lot less than Sears. Worse case if it doesn't resolve the issue a whopping $17.94....ordered online Monday, delivered by Wednesday. It took me about an hour and a 1/2. I'm sure much longer than an expert...but what they hey (I'm a female and there were no instructions) I was so proud of myself when I plugged the washer back in , turned the knob and heard that wonderful sound of draining and spinning. This forum is wonderful!