Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Tuesday, November 9, 2010 12:31:48 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: issama Go to Quoted Post
HEY GENE, I DID ALL THE ABOVE RECOUMENDATION, I TOOK IT A PART AND ORDER AND INSTALLTHE SWITCH , I TURN POWER BACK ON AND TEST THE SWITCH. IT ISN'T COMING ON. HELP PLEASE. WHAT A I DONG WRONG? FYI; I RECONNECTED ALL THREE WIRES THE SAME EXACT WAY THEY WERE .. HELP PLEASE

What was the original problem?

What is the complete model number of the trash compactor?

Gene.
issama Posted: Tuesday, November 9, 2010 2:58:15 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Most likely the problem is a bad push-button switch on the control panel.

You have to remove the container and the two screws on the bottom of the control panel. Pull the control panel up to release it from the tabs and it's all yours.

- The part number for the push-button switch is AP3084656

Here are the break down diagrams for the Whirlpool trash compactor Model GX900QPKB0

Gene.

HEY GENE, I DID ALL THE ABOVE RECOUMENDATION, I TOOK IT A PART AND ORDER AND INSTALLTHE SWITCH , I TURN POWER BACK ON AND TEST THE SWITCH. IT ISN'T COMING ON. HELP PLEASE. WHAT A I DONG WRONG? FYI; I RECONNECTED ALL THREE WIRES THE SAME EXACT WAY THEY WERE .. HELP PLEASE
nursenorris Posted: Wednesday, September 8, 2010 11:14:22 AM(UTC)

monicakm I should have elaborated that I had to order a replacement part also at $108 before the problem was fixed.
monicakm Posted: Wednesday, September 8, 2010 11:05:00 AM(UTC)

Glad it's working again but our fix was short lived. We had to replace the part. Part was $60ish and was very simple to replace. Good luck!
Monica
nursenorris Posted: Wednesday, September 8, 2010 10:57:27 AM(UTC)

:D After finding & reading this trash compactor problem I'm happy to report I was able to diagnose the same exact problem with my compactor & it is now working again. Thanks
monicakm Posted: Sunday, September 20, 2009 8:27:53 PM(UTC)

We fixed it! Not sure if it will remain fixed but so far so good. Took the switch assembly off the control panel and using a flat screw driver, worked with the "on" button till it popped back out. Now both the on and off buttons work :)
Monica
monicakm Posted: Thursday, September 17, 2009 10:20:46 PM(UTC)

My stand alone tc is 7 years old. For 6 years I used the "off" button to stop the ram while it was at it's lowest level to stablize (for lack of a better term) the trash so it wouldn't pop back up. Now the "on" button is stuck (in position), and the "off" button doesn't work. The tc works, I just can't use the "off" button to keep the ram depressed. If I were going to replace the part, would it be part #AP3084656? Could it be that the buttons are stuck and would it be possible to un-stick them by removing the switch assembly. I've got the control panel removed and see the switch but really don't want to go any further without my husband's help.
Thanks,
Monica
Gene Posted: Saturday, January 31, 2009 9:31:39 PM(UTC)

The model number you posted does not come up. Verify and repost it.

Gene.
bettyscake@aol.com Posted: Saturday, January 31, 2009 8:11:09 AM(UTC)

My Trash Compactor Whirlpool Model #SH0800002 when we turn it on it wont' turn off automatically, I guess the trash masher stays down and we have to turn the knob off. Please help
Gene Posted: Sunday, December 7, 2008 3:51:16 PM(UTC)

You are welcome. I'm glad you were able to fix it.

Gene.