Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Ken1635 Posted: Wednesday, September 9, 2015 8:56:43 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: rockmesa Go to Quoted Post
Help. When I press the start button on my washer there is usually a loud click and the door will lock and the cycle will begin. But, now when I push the start button there is a lot of clicking, then the code dl/f will appear. Sometimes I could get it to work if I unplugged the machine and then plugged it in again. Or opening and closing the door but none of these things are working any longer.:(

[FONT="Calibri",sans-serif]Iseemed to have solved the door lock problem in a new way. I had the same door lock error about 8 monthsago. On the internet there was a suggestionto do the “diagnostic” using the instructions taped on inside of the washingmachine (for technicians). I found thatsheet and ran the “diagnostic” (which just indicated ‘door lock problem’). But for some reason (coincidence? movement?) thedoor started working again. Three weeksago the kids caused a bit of flooding in the basement by leaving a hose onbeside the house all afternoon and night (!) (I think it may be related althoughthe flooding was adjacent to the washing machine). I did the diagnostic again and the door lock workedonce more and then stopped working altogether, no matter what. I watched the Utube video that showed how toreplace the door lock mechanism but decided not to do it because one personsaid that they replaced the mechanism by themselves and it failed to solve theproblem. I wanted a technician in casethat happened. The technician came andsaid that by the sound of the clicking, in his experience it was not the doorlock mechanism but the circuit board (which caused the door not to lock). He didn’t have the part, it would take 4 daysto order and would cost $270 plus tax! Plushis initial visit just cost about $100. Hesaid the machine at 11 years old was “very old” and I should buy a newone!! It’s an expensive model and doesn’tseem that old! I asked “why did it workonce – and only once – when you slammed the door?” He said that all of these things (circuitboards etc.) break down over time due to moisture in the air. He said: “I can’t do the following because wecan’t warranty it, but if you slide off the top of the washing machine (thereare only 3 screws at the back top), and get some ‘contact cleaner’ and cleanall of the contacts, it may well work”. I didn’t have any contact cleaner so simply took out and put back inabout a dozen connections (after first unplugging the machine). I plugged the machine back in and tried themachine and it worked! We’ve doneprobably 8 loads over the past two weeks and there have been no problems so far. I don’t know if the problem will reoccur butI think it’s worth a try if you have that door lock error problem! It certainly won’t cost you anything to tryit. (If indeed the problem is caused bymoisture over time, it would explain why, just after the basement flooding, thefailure reoccurred at that time). Goodluck! [/FONT]
sibrand Posted: Tuesday, August 4, 2015 10:43:54 AM(UTC)

I tried that reset sequence but it does not work for me. When I press "Option" it beeps after the first two but not after the second two. Anybody knows what the problem is with that?
LSimon Posted: Monday, April 21, 2014 8:06:06 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: whirlpool user Go to Quoted Post
I am no expert - just a user. I found this diagnostic trick on another site and it works every time my lock acts up:

Close door
Turn machine onSelect "No Spin"
Press the "Options" button 4 times

Select "Drain/Spin"

The machine will reset the lock. There have been a couple of occasions where I have had to open and shut the door and then try the diagnostic, but it's always worked.

Good luck and hope you try this before you replace parts!

Wow! Here it is almost 6 years later and your tip just saved me a lot of grief. Worked just fine on our Duet washer GHW9150PW0

Thank you!!
jmk_6576 Posted: Saturday, March 3, 2012 9:21:44 AM(UTC)

:)
Originally Posted by: whirlpool user Go to Quoted Post
I am no expert - just a user. I found this diagnostic trick on another site and it works every time my lock acts up:

Close door
Turn machine on
Select "Drain/Spin"
Select "No Spin"

The machine will reset the lock. There have been a couple of occasions where I have had to open and shut the door and then try the diagnostic, but it's always worked.

==========================
I purchased a Whirlpool Duet Steam WFW9700VW washer in March of 2009. During January of 2012, I started having the "rockmesa - 09-12-2008 06:36 PM" problem: When I press the start button on my washer there is usually a loud click and the door will lock and the cycle will begin. But, now when I push the start button there is a lot of clicking, then the code dl/f will appear. Sometimes I could get it to work if I unplugged the machine and then plugged it in again. Or opening and closing the door but none of these things are working any longer.

I followed the advice from "Whirlpool User - 11-16-2008 10:00 PM" -
Close door
Turn machine on
Select "Drain/Spin"
Select "No Spin"

I am happy to say this advice worked for me.

Every time the problem reoccurs, I just follow those steps, and I'm back in business.
Thank you for your advice!!
==========================
debigolab Posted: Thursday, March 4, 2010 1:15:37 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: rockmesa Go to Quoted Post
Help. When I press the start button on my washer there is usually a loud click and the door will lock and the cycle will begin. But, now when I push the start button there is a lot of clicking, then the code dl/f will appear. Sometimes I could get it to work if I unplugged the machine and then plugged it in again. Or opening and closing the door but none of these things are working any longer.:(

same thing happened to me I had to order a new door latch assembly, it was really easy to do the repair myself, no need for a tech, but now about 9 months later its happening again. I have to order and do it AGAIN. I would never buy this washer again, between the mold and everything getting caught in the door seal, its a dud!
tooner Posted: Wednesday, March 4, 2009 8:23:58 AM(UTC)

You gave great instructions to reset the Duet washer lock. I tried that and I did finally get a response from the control panel (I heard light clicks), but the door never locked and when I released the start button, the machine went back to it's irritating silence and unresponsiveness. Any other ideas?:confused:
whirlpool user Posted: Sunday, November 16, 2008 6:00:47 PM(UTC)

Close door
Turn machine on
Select "Drain/Spin"
Select "No Spin"

Gene Posted: Friday, September 12, 2008 4:00:33 PM(UTC)

Most likely the problem is a bad door lock which has to be replaced. You can find the complete instructions in the Service manual.

- The part number for the lock assembly is AP3837611

Here are the break down diagrams for the Whirlpool Duet washer Model GHW9250MT0

Gene.
rockmesa Posted: Friday, September 12, 2008 2:36:36 PM(UTC)