Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Joe / APP Team Posted: Monday, October 31, 2016 5:41:11 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Angel45005 Go to Quoted Post
Hey Joe, wanted to let you know that the washer tub is still turning..but, even with that the clothes are still a tad to wet and is taking forever to dry. So, I think ill fix my other washer. Its a whirlpool and it just started shaking and violently vibrating. From what I read it's probably the suspension rods. Too darn bad the ones from the maytag wouldnt fit. Anyway, im going to remove the old rods before I buy them, is there any way I can know they are bad by inspection?

Angel, Apparently you have a "Cabrio" washer. So you want to look at the rods themselves, make sure they're not bent or distorted in any way. Check the spring tension and make sure the springs look OK. Check, clean and lubricate the "ball joints" at the top of the frame assembly and the mounts at the bottom of the outer tub. Also make sure you have the washer leveled in both directions(front to back and side to side). Then we can go from there if there are any other issues.
Angel45005 Posted: Sunday, October 30, 2016 4:30:09 AM(UTC)

Hey Joe, wanted to let you know that the washer tub is still turning..but, even with that the clothes are still a tad to wet and is taking forever to dry. So, I think ill fix my other washer. Its a whirlpool and it just started shaking and violently vibrating. From what I read it's probably the suspension rods. Too darn bad the ones from the maytag wouldnt fit. Anyway, im going to remove the old rods before I buy them, is there any way I can know they are bad by inspection?
Joe / APP Team Posted: Friday, October 21, 2016 5:12:12 AM(UTC)

Ok thanks Joe. So this was only a temporary fix huh? Darn it!!
But at least it gives me a few days to order the part. Thanks!

Angel, Yes, it's only a temporary repair. It'll happen again and soon(usually). Make sure you read and understand the instructions that come with the kit. Also use plenty of lubricant on the cam and center hub of the drive pulley, and you'll be good for quite a while.
Angel45005 Posted: Thursday, October 20, 2016 4:19:24 PM(UTC)

Ok thanks Joe. So this was only a temporary fix huh? Darn it!!
But at least it gives me a few days to order the part. Thanks!
Joe / APP Team Posted: Thursday, October 20, 2016 5:01:57 AM(UTC)

Joe, I'm so excited. Even my daughter was laughing at me, I was so ecstatic. Your solution worked!!! Yes. Thank you so very much. And it didn't cost a penny. As soon as I tried to move the tub it took off. To make sure I even marked an on the tub with a permanent marker and sure enough, its working. I believe that we reap what we sow. I got a reaping and yours is coming. Thanks again Joe.

Angel, Great... You'll be Ok for a few days, but get that thrust bearing kit Part number: AP4009132
Part number: AP4009132
ordered and installed as soon as possible. Thanks Again,
Angel45005 Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2016 7:16:32 PM(UTC)

Joe, I'm so excited. Even my daughter was laughing at me, I was so ecstatic. Your solution worked!!! Yes. Thank you so very much. And it didn't cost a penny. As soon as I tried to move the tub it took off. To make sure I even marked an on the tub with a permanent marker and sure enough, its working. I believe that we reap what we sow. I got a reaping and yours is coming. Thanks again Joe.
Joe / APP Team Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2016 1:04:06 PM(UTC)

Hey Joe, I wanted to tell you that I had also posted my question here after replying to this one. I got one answer on it. I hope your solution fixed it though as it's free :).
Anyway, the other one I was told it was the Thrust bearing kit.
Will see. Ill be back!

Angel, You'll know what's what in a couple of minutes. let us know what you find
Angel45005 Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2016 12:56:35 PM(UTC)

Hey Joe, I wanted to tell you that I had also posted my question here after replying to this one. I got one answer on it. I hope your solution fixed it though as it's free :).
Anyway, the other one I was told it was the Thrust bearing kit.
Will see. Ill be back!
Joe / APP Team Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2016 12:40:43 PM(UTC)

Wow. That seems easy enough. Yes the tub will not move at all, its like its frozen there.
Thanks for replying. Ill let you know what happens.

Angel, Yes, it's not very difficult a machine to diagnose and repair. You'll have it diagnosed in a couple of minutes. Will keep an eye out for your next post.
Angel45005 Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2016 12:37:40 PM(UTC)

Oh I forgot to ask. If the tub bearing assembly is seized to the transmission, all I have to do to fix that is try to turn the tub by hand while the machine is in the spin cycle? No parts needed?