Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guest Posted: Tuesday, June 1, 2021 7:16:47 AM(UTC)

Is there a way to make clock and numbers brighter.its a thermador
jp_austin Posted: Tuesday, January 2, 2018 9:37:36 PM(UTC)

As an old appliance tech this was a fun one to debug. I must say I am an electrical engineer (30 years) and can tell you that I would never specify caps that only have a 6.3V rating if the operating voltage is in the 3-5V range. Way too close between nominal voltages and the max rating. Your asking for troubles in a high heat environment like this. I too had to replace my display caps. In my case on the POD301 type unit the caps were two 330uF and only rated at 6.3V. See pics as they were slightly bulging. Once replaced the POWER ON LED was brighter and more important the oven is behaving much better. There were some higher voltage caps as well but they looked fine. I replaced with 330uF caps but 105C and 16V rated versions. This is only usd for decoupling so they are not that critical to be absolutely drop in replacements. Mine were standard cans I placed sideways and bent the pins to align to the surface pads of the PCB. Just use a bit of sealant or hot glue to hold them in place. A high temp sealant is preferred as the higher heats may melt the hot glue! I used electrical compatible silicone. Standard silicone has acetic acid and will attack a PCB's wiring as it cures.

For others... The higher voltage rating caps likely will survive the higher temps and abuse a lot longer than lower voltage rated caps. Check the low voltage versions first and look for bulging or a tar like substance that may be on the board near the caps. The electrolyte in the caps can sometimes leak out and this causes the inner laminates to short out and conduct. If you replaced all your suspect caps and you still don't have good operation verify the power supply board. On my oven there is a separate supply board with more large decoupling caps. I verified all those caps looked fine on my board first. If your supply board is acting up it may also be supplying the 12V for the lights inside the cabinet. Verify you don't have any issues with voltages at the lights or delivered to the front control module. Could point to the supply board going bad. Lastly verify the large relay board that controls the main elements. There are several large electrolytic type caps on that board. Potential issues are bulging or mis-shaped cans. Lastly there could still be communications issues between the control board and the relay board. On my system the control board only has a 3 pin connector to the front panel. Power, ground, and a single signal. Serial communication is used to communicate to the relay board. If you have fundamental issues with voltages then it's possible that the received signal has been corrupted so the relay board will misbehave or not respond at all.

Check to see if your oven has a service guide. I luckily found mine online and used it extensively to help isolate the issues.
The Beekeeper Posted: Sunday, September 3, 2017 1:48:17 PM(UTC)

My two-door thermador has a very dim display, with only the clock at all readable (and barely at that). After reading this thread, I replaced two 470 microfarad capacitors and one 220 microfarad capacitors, all 35 volts. When I reassembled the oven, the display was the same.

Should I try replacing the small 50 volt 22 microfarad capacitor at the other end of the control panel? Any other parts that could contribute to this?

thx
Kristopher99 Posted: Sunday, January 8, 2017 6:44:33 AM(UTC)

I have thermador dual oven with display number 100-01044-02. Which of the four capacitors do you replace? I have 2 together on the left (470f35v and 220f35v) with one above (470f35v) and one small on on the right side (22f 50v). Thanks for your help! It looks like this one listed above on ******** search ******** item/281999984487
QuinnKurk Posted: Saturday, June 11, 2016 4:23:41 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: mars315 Go to Quoted Post
What is the difference between the Main board and the Display board? How will I know when I delve into the oven? I have a Thermador S301T and the oven works fine but I can't see the temperature display and the clock is not as bright as it once was. Thanks!

It sounds like you are having the same issue as me. Try replacing the capacitors to see if that helps. Good luck.
QuinnKurk Posted: Saturday, June 11, 2016 4:22:10 PM(UTC)

I'm referring to the display board as the electronics attached to the panel that displays the clock, timer and temp. (There is another larger board deeper in the oven that I am referring to as the control board.)
mars315 Posted: Thursday, June 2, 2016 9:58:52 AM(UTC)

What is the difference between the Main board and the Display board? How will I know when I delve into the oven? I have a Thermador S301T and the oven works fine but I can't see the temperature display and the clock is not as bright as it once was. Thanks!
QuinnKurk Posted: Saturday, May 7, 2016 2:45:56 PM(UTC)

We replaced the capacitors on the main board of the oven and the completely dim display stayed the same. Today we replaced the 3 capacitors on the display board and I'm happy to say the entire display is bright and beautiful. I'm lucky to have a local store to buy the parts so did not have to pay for shipping, so it cost about $5 to fix the problem. (Make sure to buy high heat capacitors.) I would recommend this route if you know how to replace capacitors, or hire someone to do it. Cheaper than sending out the board to be repaired, or than buying a new board.

Good luck everyone!
unmesh Posted: Tuesday, November 3, 2015 4:05:09 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Tim@@@ Go to Quoted Post
Just replaced the 3 capacitors. It's interesting to note that yes there were 2 - 470uf 35 v but the other one was a 220 uf 35 volt and not a 68 uf. Just saying.
I should have taken the board out and looked but I didn't and it cost me an extra $12 for shipping and handling for second 90 cent order of 2 220uf 35 v capacitors.
Anyway, although the dim display on the SC302ZP improved about 25% I'm not happy with the results.

I too had the same capacitors and had a professional technician replace them though she said the originals looked fine. They seem a bit brighter but I might be just telling myself that and am disappointed with the results as Tim is :(
HerbM Posted: Thursday, September 3, 2015 3:22:22 AM(UTC)

Hi everybody,

I read this thread and got super excited until I realized that my model, Res30, has a different board than the wall ovens.

The display is dim. Everything else works great. Does anyone have any experience with fixing the Res30?