Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
whalepirot Posted: Sunday, September 12, 2010 4:13:20 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
How is your ice maker?
I switched to finishing the installation of the disk brakes and new master cylinder on our 'new' '55 Nash Rambler.

I may pull the cover for the adjusting screw and turn it down the maximum amount, for starters, That beats having a huge ice ball in the unit.

I will add that the return was processed and I publicly thank A.P.P for following through with their return policy.

Added thanks, of course, to Gene!
Gene Posted: Sunday, September 12, 2010 2:30:48 PM(UTC)

You are welcome. I'm glad you found such unusual solution and you were able to fix the oven. Thank you for the feed back.

Gene.

How is your ice maker?
whalepirot Posted: Sunday, September 12, 2010 9:26:09 AM(UTC)

I'm afraid there is not much what can be done without the new ERC. Gene.

Talk about LUCK! I went to the Habitat for Humanity store for my first visit and found the exact oven for $225! Today I swapped out the ERC and the oven works, with the original relay board.:cool:

I wish I knew which part was bad, whether the touch panel or the ERC. I'd part this 'new' unit out. I don't need giving up space for it but know that right after I junk it (I hate filling landfills with mostly good things) I'll need some minor part!

I am so thrilled that the oven works again, faster than otherwise might have happened and for a fraction of the cost.

THANK YOU GENE! I hope I can give you some repair referrals in return.
Gene Posted: Tuesday, September 7, 2010 3:28:02 PM(UTC)

If you are talking about water level adjustment screw, it should be turned CCW to decrease the water amount. Turn it slowly and no more than 1/2 turn at a time and no more than 11/2 turns all together.

Regarding the oven I'm afraid there is not much what can be done without the new ERC.

Gene.
whalepirot Posted: Monday, September 6, 2010 7:03:02 PM(UTC)

What did you mean?
Are you a SubZero tech? Our's has an icemaker, and was originally fed reverse osmosis water through a long 1/4" line. That did not work eventually, so it's now fed a lot more water. Problem is, it freezes a huge chunk, rendering the icemaker a big cube and nonfunctional, so it's unused. I think it would work fine if the timer knob for the cube filler was set properly. The documentation is non-existent and the knob has no label to indicate which was is more; which way is less time.

Also, is there nothing you can do for the oven by seeing it?

thanks for your help. mike
Gene Posted: Monday, September 6, 2010 5:54:44 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: whalepirot Go to Quoted Post
...set the icemaker timer properly, on our SubZero?...

What did you mean?

Mr. Magic.

Gene.
whalepirot Posted: Monday, September 6, 2010 2:54:33 PM(UTC)

I will check to see if Whirlpool can troubleshoot the board, I guess.

Is there any point in having Gene come to look at it? ( and set the icemaker timer properly, on our SubZero?)
Gene Posted: Friday, September 3, 2010 7:14:34 PM(UTC)

Sorry to hear it. I do not see what else can be done.

Gene.
whalepirot Posted: Thursday, September 2, 2010 2:51:38 PM(UTC)

Try PCBR.BIZ Maybe they can rebuild the old ERC.

Gene.
Well, darn it! They said they cannot help.:(
Gene Posted: Monday, August 30, 2010 4:52:19 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: whalepirot Go to Quoted Post
Thanks so much, Gene and APP. I appreciate the reply but don't see how we can go so long without an oven. The relay board did not change anything.

Try PCBR.BIZ Maybe they can rebuild the old ERC.

Gene.