Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
applianceman Posted: Wednesday, August 11, 2010 6:08:55 PM(UTC)

You didn’t leave a model number so I am just going to assume you have the same model.

If the sifter coil is bad the agitator will not turn, instead the spin basket will turn. This is not how the washer was designed to operate. However every customer that I have, that has this problem says that the washer still cleans fine. Please note that I am not telling you that it is working because this is not how it should be working.
LizTheisen Posted: Wednesday, August 11, 2010 4:28:11 PM(UTC)

Our washer and dryer was purchased five years ago and our washer makes the same noise. We never thought anything of it since it was the only noise our washer made. It still runs fine. If it is the sifter coil, will it prevent the washer from continuing to work and is it absolutely necessary to replace?
applianceman Posted: Wednesday, August 11, 2010 7:29:15 AM(UTC)

[FONT='Times New Roman']Take the front off the washer and observe it during agitation. If the spin basket is turning when it should be agitating the sifter coil is bad. This will cause the bracket on the motor to hit each time the agitator turns. To repair it you would have to replace the shaft and tube assembly. [/FONT]
[FONT='Times New Roman'][/FONT]
[FONT='Times New Roman']GE HydroWave Noisy Washer Repair Guide[/FONT]
[FONT='Times New Roman']This page will help with replacing the shaft and tube GE Washer Disassembly Guide[/FONT]
hotbox Posted: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 12:23:55 PM(UTC)

washer makes a clunking noise when agitator revearses its direction.