Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
kacyb Posted: Friday, December 2, 2011 12:05:42 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: iamigor5@yahoo.com Go to Quoted Post
freedom, i am a service tech for sears and i can tell you i have had as many problems with the interface cable as the interface you can check by ohming out each end of the cable by checking same color end to end hope this helps good luck

I have looked at the diagrams for the machine but none are labled interface cable. What might another name be?
thanks
freedom1 Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2008 8:28:17 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: abadfish66 Go to Quoted Post
Also, if indeed there is going to be a recall, everyone that has paid for a repair under the recall usually always get reimbursed the cost of service prior to the recall.

Yeah. I called the Sears recall center and they told me the same thing.
They're waiting to hear back from their lawyers about a letter that will be send out to all the buyers. In my own opinion, they just want to make sure they don't admit any more liability than they have to.

Goods news nonetheless.

Freedom1.
freedom1 Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2008 8:24:39 AM(UTC)

The washer is working fine after I replaced the interface board.

Thanks for all the sugestions.

Freedom1.
freedom1 Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2008 3:17:03 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: iamigor5@yahoo.com Go to Quoted Post
freedom, i am a service tech for sears and i can tell you i have had as many problems with the interface cable as the interface you can check by ohming out each end of the cable by checking same color end to end hope this helps good luck

Thanks iamigor5, I'll try checking out the ribbon cable with a tester tonight.

Freedom1.
abadfish66 Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2008 2:27:30 PM(UTC)

Also, if indeed there is going to be a recall, everyone that has paid for a repair under the recall usually always get reimbursed the cost of service prior to the recall.
iamigor5@yahoo.com Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2008 2:24:31 PM(UTC)

freedom1 Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2008 9:01:22 AM(UTC)

Hi guys,

I have a Kenmore Oasis washer that it's turning on by itself with code F2.
According to the tech sheet, F2 means bad interface board.

I also opened the top from the washer to access the electronics to make sure all the cables were plugged in correctly. I unplugged and plugged everything back. Same problem.

I ordered Part # AP3886367 (8564393) from Appliance Parts Pros to see if the problem goes away.

I also called the Sears National Recall Center at 800-659-7026, I gave them my machine serial #, they told me that my washer was under a recall but they were waiting for their legal team to draft the letter that will be send out to all that have purchased these models. I told them that I couldn't wait since my machine was having a problem right now, their reply: You'll have to pay for the repairs yourself if you want the problem fix right now and can't wait until they contact me.
What a bunch of crapeola!

Have any of you guys replaced the interface board to fix the F2 code?

Please advise.

Freedom1.