Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
natashaB Posted: Friday, June 20, 2014 12:52:23 AM(UTC)

I had a problem with that before. I just ask for help with the garbage collector to know what to do with it.
rizzardo Posted: Thursday, May 15, 2014 9:29:40 PM(UTC)

Hi,

I am about to replace my badger 5 with an evolution excel.

The sink flange is the same in sink-erator quick mount system and the manufacturer states that it is not necessary to replace the flange.

My flange is 5 and a half years old, and I have never had a problem with it. But I figure if I am going to replace the unit, now would be the time to replace the flange. At the same time, if it ain't broke...

Anyone thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers!
shawn4455369 Posted: Wednesday, April 3, 2013 3:09:20 AM(UTC)

It is not part of the sink. Use either a blow dryer on hot or a propane torch to loosen the old flange. BE CAREFUL! Most all disposer sink drains are held in by a mounting collar & three screws going up through the disposer unit mounting ring. The sink flange/drain is screwed into the mounting collar from inside the sink,, which is mounted under the sink. I always run @ a half inch round bead of plumbers putty just under the sink flange where the brand name is stamped. Do not use a rubber ring in sink. Remove excess putty after tightening. Good luck. Always run water with unit on for a few seconds after food is down the drain to rinse out any acidic food residue.
rwomer Posted: Tuesday, November 6, 2012 7:48:20 AM(UTC)

YAY Helped me too
mukinduri Posted: Friday, September 12, 2008 5:55:37 AM(UTC)

I found on the web the following manual for removal and installation of In_Sink-Erator.

www.insinkerator.com/pdf/US_ICU1.pdf

In my previous post I expressed confusion about a snap ring. My error. The manual makes it all clear.
twinsmom930@bellsouth.net Posted: Monday, June 9, 2008 6:43:39 PM(UTC)

i need to know where you got your info for removal
twinsmom930@bellsouth.net Posted: Monday, June 9, 2008 6:42:13 PM(UTC)

Please give info on how to remove in sink erator that Ronoh (above) asked for an fouind a digram..I need it quick.......
Vinski Posted: Monday, December 17, 2007 8:26:22 PM(UTC)

Sounds right to me, now that you've explained it. It is probably the starter winding that has burned out and not a failing cap since the power was left on until the breaker tripped more than once. Still, since caps are cheaper...

Tho it's still not working, it still feels better knowing why.

thx again
kawfeeman Posted: Sunday, December 16, 2007 9:07:32 AM(UTC)

check warranty on your unit, but your start winding circuit is NG ( could be a start cap.. ) better to replace with a new unit ..
Vinski Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2007 11:00:39 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: RonOh Go to Quoted Post
Thanks to this forum I figured it out on my own! I looked at the other post about disposal removal and saw the diagram there that was exactly the same as mine. THANK YOU!!! For those wanting to know.... there is a split ring on the pipe that fits in the top of the sink. It is hidden by the flange that has the tightening bolts that scew upward. This flange has a turned down edge to it that covers the splity ring that is actually below it, so just slide it up and expose the split ring and pry it off with a screwdriver. It really was simple once you had the diagram to look at!
:D

Somebody anybody - tell me where to get the diagram RonOh is talking about. I need to remove my insinkerator. Check these symptoms out -
1. It hums but turns freely (it is not stuck).
2. If you manually spin it with the power on, it will start working.
3. When you turn the power off, it will not start again unless you manualy spin it up to speed.

any comments welcome - but I am thinking I could remove the disposal, take it apart and find something inside like the piece of that old dishrag that got caught in there a week ago.