Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
richappy Posted: Friday, May 27, 2011 1:36:42 AM(UTC)

I have no idea what you are working on.
pt80chip Posted: Thursday, May 26, 2011 6:44:46 PM(UTC)

Hi,
I just joined the forum, first time getting this deep into a washing machine
I have a stuck inner tub, for the life of me I can't remove it.
Here's what I've done so far:
Removed agitator, Spanner nut, Tub ring, balance ring
Tried to pull up the tub, no luck. Hit it around with a hammer, used WD40, Boiling water, tried to use something to leverage, no luck
Went to buy penetrating oil, put it in, waited an hour, no luck

Any ideas? I feel like I must be missing something because I've followed everything I read and still no progress.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Andy
danceilike Posted: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 9:50:09 AM(UTC)

Thanks for all the help, richappy,

Finally got the seal nut off. It's plastic---cut it off with a sharp chisel. Now I'm trying to remove the bearing nut. It's the one the unner tub mounts on and is metal. I'm using a spanner wrench, tapping it lightly, but it won't break loose. My problem--the whole shaft moves. I'm trying to figure out a way to hold the shaft. I suppose I need someone to hold the bottom pulley while I tap the spanner wrench. Any ideas?
Thanks---Ken
danceilike Posted: Saturday, August 23, 2008 4:03:10 AM(UTC)

Thanks, richappy.

It's a tough one to remove. Wanted to make sure I'm turning it the correct direction.

Ken
richappy Posted: Saturday, August 23, 2008 3:02:44 AM(UTC)

All Maytags I have seen have a left hand thread for the tub nut, turn counterclockwise to remove.
danceilike Posted: Friday, August 22, 2008 4:03:42 PM(UTC)

Finally got the tub to break loose from it's mounting base after soaking the area with prnrtrating oil and then placing a short section of 2 x 4 lumber beneath the lib of the tub ann tapping it with a hammer. The tub was stuck to the gasket. Now I'm having problems removing the seal nut and spin bearing nut. Anybody know which direction they rotate? CW or CCW looking from the top of the washer?

Thanks, Ken
danceilike Posted: Friday, August 15, 2008 3:22:28 AM(UTC)

Thanks again, richappy.

Checked out the site you referenced. It told me all I need to know re the washer.

Ken
richappy Posted: Thursday, August 14, 2008 12:27:02 PM(UTC)

I can only refer you to the mentioned web site, have never done this job before.
danceilike Posted: Thursday, August 14, 2008 3:33:55 AM(UTC)

Thanks, richappy,

I applied penetrating oil to the hub area last night. Will try to remove the tub this morning. I believe the tranny is okay. Will know as soon as I remove the tub. Not sure if a clip or pin is securing the tub now that the 4 bolts have been removed. What is the best way to break loose the tub after applying penetrating oil to it? Don't want to cause additional damage.

Thanks again,
Ken
richappy Posted: Thursday, August 14, 2008 2:59:43 AM(UTC)

If you hold the spin basket during spin and it still makes bearing noises, you have a bad tranny.
The tub has a ball bearing supporting the tub. Lots of times the seal for this will leak and you can see dirty water marks on the seal area where the tranny goes into the tub.
I would soak the spin basket hub with penetrating oil. The hub tends to rust to the spin basket on these washers.
For specific info, go to web site www.applianceaid.com