Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
richappy Posted: Monday, July 26, 2010 12:41:47 AM(UTC)

Just be patient, take it apart, and study it, you will figure it out.
johnmazzone Posted: Sunday, July 25, 2010 7:34:06 PM(UTC)

Thank you..I have no idea how else to put it in. I wish I had a picture or a detailed drawing showing how to hook the parts together...please let me know if you have any. In the meantime I will use the water only until I figure the ice door out.
richappy Posted: Sunday, July 25, 2010 12:16:19 PM(UTC)

You have the spring in wrong, the solenoid opens the door.
johnmazzone Posted: Sunday, July 25, 2010 11:57:29 AM(UTC)

The plastic bracket that holds the whole mechanism was worped because of burned out solenoid. But now the plastic bracket is brand new. The way I installed the spring (and the only way I can see you can put it on) tends to open, not close, the door.

Is the solenoid supposed to close and open the door or just open it? With all the parts assembled together, ready to go on the refrigerator door, the flap is open and the solenoid is down. Thank you for your help!
richappy Posted: Sunday, July 25, 2010 11:30:29 AM(UTC)

Take it apart again and look for warped plastic parts by the solenoid and make sure the spring closes the door when assembled.
johnmazzone Posted: Sunday, July 25, 2010 10:55:29 AM(UTC)

Ice and Water dispenser not working for a long time. Finally I decided to try and fix myself. I insalled new control board, limit switch, kit for ice door and a whole new bracket. Tried and everything seemed to work great BUT the ice dispenser flap would not close (it opens fine). May by I installed the spring and/or the solenoid incorrectly? Directions with parts were not very clear. Does anyone have clear pictures of how flap bracket attaches to solenoid? Or could this happen if I reversed some wires to the new parts.

Was very proud to have it working at first. Need to restore family's pride in me! Help!