Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Monday, July 19, 2010 12:54:59 PM(UTC)

You are welcome Pastor Ken. We are glad you were able to fix it.

Gene.
Joe / APP Team Posted: Monday, July 19, 2010 12:47:33 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Pastor Ken Go to Quoted Post
When the oven is set, after a few minutes the preheat signal sounds but the oven element has never come on. And the oven is not hot. This began after a lighting storm where I had other problems so after checking a few things I replaced the control panel. Same thing. What next? I couldn't find a thermostat on the cutaway and the element (new this spring) appears to be fine.

Like you, I could not find a thermal fuse or hi limit switch on or in your range diagram. Most free standing ranges do not have them.

I take for granted when you "checked a few things" you also checked for burnt or damaged wires to the element ? and that both breakers set and supplying power to your range.

When you select broil on your control panel, does the upper element come on and heat? with a new control board and if the broil element does come on and heat, this would be a good indication of a damaged wire between your control board and bake element.

If neither element comes on and heats, it would be an indication of a power loss on one of your 120 volt lines to your range(outlet ,breaker,wiring or power cord) and may require an electrician to diagnose and repair as needed.
Pastor Ken Posted: Monday, July 19, 2010 9:13:34 AM(UTC)

Got it! The element was severed behind the wall in the insulation. We're back in business. Thanks.

KN
Gene Posted: Thursday, July 15, 2010 3:58:27 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Pastor Ken Go to Quoted Post
...1/ I replaced the control panel...

...2/ the element (new this spring) appears to be fine...

1/ I'm assuming you replaced the control board (aka a clock)?

2/ Have you checked the heating element for continuity?

Does the Broil work?

Gene.
Pastor Ken Posted: Thursday, July 15, 2010 12:47:06 PM(UTC)

When the oven is set, after a few minutes the preheat signal sounds but the oven element has never come on. And the oven is not hot. This began after a lighting storm where I had other problems so after checking a few things I replaced the control panel. Same thing. What next? I couldn't find a thermostat on the cutaway and the element (new this spring) appears to be fine.