Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
gwscrap Posted: Monday, December 29, 2008 3:28:13 PM(UTC)

I was checking for blockage on the air return and found the fan blower to be very hard to turn by hand. If the fan does not turn will this keep the fridge from cooling? The fan appears to have corrosion and rust around the transformer motor.
SublimeMasterJW Posted: Monday, August 4, 2008 4:58:14 AM(UTC)

If this Defrost thermostat is bad then the heater won't work.high limit kit.jpgTo test this part you must place it into a freezer for 2 hours or more, While it is at room temperature it will not have an ohms reading. When it is frozen it closes and has an ohm's reading.
richappy Posted: Monday, August 4, 2008 2:08:40 AM(UTC)

Go to Gene's article above "freezer is fine, refrigerator warm".
johnnib99 Posted: Sunday, August 3, 2008 6:39:30 PM(UTC)

I checked the continuity on the defrost heater it looks fine. I am getting a 22 ohms reading. Could it be another part that is bad?
ENOCH Posted: Saturday, August 2, 2008 12:52:31 PM(UTC)

In A Side By Side Refrigerator Freezer Water Is Freezen In The Bottom Of Freezer And Leaking From Under The Bottom Of The Unit Onto The Floor.:(
SublimeMasterJW Posted: Friday, August 1, 2008 6:12:46 PM(UTC)

The heater is glass and does tend to crack and die. Remove the access panel and check the glass defrost heater for continuity.
johnnib99 Posted: Friday, August 1, 2008 5:17:16 PM(UTC)

It's on the freezer wall
huberhouse1886 Posted: Friday, August 1, 2008 12:03:22 PM(UTC)

Is your Ice build up on the freezer walls or in the ice dispenser? My Crosley side by side's ice dispenser freezes solid with frost in the summer months. I have to open the door to get ice. I can still get water in the door--just not ice.:(
johnnib99 Posted: Thursday, July 31, 2008 4:57:32 PM(UTC)

The frig is only 13 months old and GE will not honor the warranty. I am seeing ice biuld up in the freezer. I unplugged and defrosted for 24 hours. It worked fine for about a month, but I just noticed that is building up ice again. Any suggestions?:confused: