Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
denman Posted: Thursday, July 1, 2010 7:34:32 AM(UTC)

Also a possibility that you have a grounded element.

Check the heating coil.
Unplug the unit and both wires to the coil.
Check it with a meter, should be around 12 ohms.
Then check from each side of the coil to the case/frame, both should be infinite ohms (open). If not the coil may have sagged or broken and is touching the case. This can cause it to run on high and the thermostats cannot regulate it.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
sidfink43 Posted: Wednesday, June 30, 2010 3:57:10 PM(UTC)

Uh, you are already at a link. APP who sponsors this site sells parts, I mean, thats all they do. (We who respond are volunteers who are not part of APP)

If you click on your model number you will be taken to exploded views of your machine, or you can just call APP and order the parts.
Farris12 Posted: Wednesday, June 30, 2010 1:20:29 PM(UTC)

Please send me a link so i can order all of the parts.
Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
Your problem may be the operating thermostat, but I would change out all of them since your cutoff and hi limit thermostats should cut off when the machine gets too hot.
sidfink43 Posted: Wednesday, June 30, 2010 12:45:44 PM(UTC)

Your problem may be the operating thermostat, but I would change out all of them since your cutoff and hi limit thermostats should cut off when the machine gets too hot.
Farris12 Posted: Sunday, June 27, 2010 11:36:07 AM(UTC)

I have a dyer that is running hot.I've would like to know if the cutoff thermostat need to be replaced:confused: