Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
gfron1 Posted: Tuesday, October 17, 2017 4:28:46 AM(UTC)

Thanks for the info!
zuk123 Posted: Monday, October 16, 2017 7:37:15 PM(UTC)

Hi Gfron1

On mine there are 3 wing nuts on the top edge of the sheet metal cover (under the stovetop) that the vent retracts down into. Once you remove the 3 wing nuts, and washers, a metal strip will come loose. It has a lip on it that holds the face of the sheet metal box in place. The top should tip toward you, and then lift it out. If your duct to outdoors is fastened thru this cover plate, you will need to figure out how to remove it first.

once the plate is removed, you will see the drawer slides that guide the vent up and down, the motor, and the arm that does the movement, and you will likely see your dropped filter screen.

Good luck

z
gfron1 Posted: Friday, August 11, 2017 10:05:37 AM(UTC)

Just kicking this dog in hopes of getting an answer. I'd really like to figure out how to fix this vent.
gfron1 Posted: Friday, August 4, 2017 5:51:54 AM(UTC)

Apparently I'm keeping this very old thread alive. Hope someone is still out there to help.

I recently cleaned the inside of the hood by lifting and pulling out on the face plate/grill. Scrubbed years of grease off including the wire filters and put it all back together. When I lowered the hood the face plate fell into the range casing - meaning, it must not have been fully securely rested on the bottom bracket and when it was half way down the face plate slid outward and fell down into the cavity that the hood lowers into. I heard it. Cussed. Then raised the hood hoping for the best. No luck. i couldn't even see the grill/face plate, and now when i lower it the hood clearly hits the face plate and struggles to go down.

I don't want to burn out the motor so we're not touching anything until I know how to access the cavity. i see no obvious/easy way from the inside, but I'm betting that there might be a way to take the top off the hood that might help. Thoughts?
flipper003 Posted: Saturday, May 9, 2015 11:03:00 AM(UTC)

I have the dacor rv30 and am having problems with the touch pad. Got a new one but could use some guidance on replacing it. To repeat post #14 - how do
you get the touch pad out of the top of the vent? There are no screws or tabs and nothing moves so there must be some magic way to take this apart to replace the touch board - I have the wiring all the way out from the unit with a string attached so I can pull it back through - just can't figure how get it out of the top part. Thanks for your help!
Gene Posted: Friday, December 28, 2012 1:48:49 PM(UTC)

Where did you buy it from? $173 sounds too much. APP sell it for $145 and you can return it later even if it was installed.

You'll never know how hard is to install it until you'll try and it should be covered under the parts warranty.

BTW, why not to return the part for refund and order it from APP?

Gene.
Brain Posted: Friday, December 28, 2012 11:53:18 AM(UTC)

Thanks Gene.
i have not tried to connect it up and only sought connectivity advice and diagrams based on the "warnings" from the mftr help line, the parts firm and an authoized svceman ALL of which said it required special hookup of the wiring but none of the 3 parties would say why or provide a schematic
or service bulletin to cover this "Mysterious secret connection info" hence my seeking your detailed advice. my fear was cooking the $173 CB because of some hook error or wire color swap required. so that my friend is the source of the percieved "confusion". if the swap out is simple then i am over worrying.
Gene Posted: Friday, December 28, 2012 11:09:19 AM(UTC)

Hi Brain,

This new, upgraded board does not look the same but it should have the same connections. What exactly is so confusing with it?

I found and attached the wiring diagram for this model number. It might help you too.

Gene.
Brain Posted: Thursday, December 27, 2012 5:39:10 PM(UTC)

part number on bag says Dacor 700991 Control Boaed assembly Service RV30/36/46.
Brain Posted: Thursday, December 27, 2012 1:54:47 PM(UTC)

i have part at home in orig bag with number on it. there was zero info in the part bag from the firm Fox Appliances in Atlanta. they said call a repairman. there are schematics glued to the vent itself under the kirchen cabinet that i can see or photograph with an iphone. will be a few hours before i can retrieve the above and get back but thanks for quick reply. frustrating that Dacor itself refused to share info they too said an authorized repairman has im their hands. any other info needed to get best help? tx