Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Lyndajames Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2019 2:22:58 AM(UTC)

I agree with all the above comments.
ZiptheDoc Posted: Monday, April 18, 2016 5:15:24 AM(UTC)

Greetings all, this issue, which can be fixed with a new motor, is actually a problem with the motor end switch. This switch is used in the start winding circuit for both up and down. If the switch fails in the open position then the motor will not start and it will hum as only the run winding is energized. Removing the top end bell of the motor will expose the end switch and you will see it is burned or black. It can be removed and cleaned, check that it measures closed, about .3 ohms, before you reinstall it. Re check the connection again before testing the compactor. I have not been able to find a replacement end switch as of this posting as I feel that the cost of a motor is a bit much for a bad end switch I will keep looking
Regards Doc'
Jessica881206 Posted: Tuesday, November 17, 2015 12:35:53 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Russellcdodd Go to Quoted Post
When i try ro run my compactor, it just hums. Twice, I have taken the outside shell off the compactor, taped the switches, and the compactor ran fine. I put the shell back on and for several weeks it continued to run fine. Then all the sudden it just hums again. I have confirmed there is nothing stuck around he ram.

I know little about your problems, however, I recommend you to refer to ManualBirds - Download Free PDF Manuals & Guides Online, which is a free site for thousands of PDF manuals, guides and handbooks, hope Manualbirds can do you a great favor!
wildwill Posted: Tuesday, October 27, 2015 4:12:50 AM(UTC)

Unit just hums & does not compress. Ensure mechanism not jammed by turning gear by hand. Check continuity of centrifugal switch (should be closed with unit off) which is a white plastic sitting at top of motor. If relay is open, simple electrical relay cleaner should restore the contacts.
Gene Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 4:36:32 PM(UTC)

Daniel,

Unfortunately GE does not sell this switch separate. The new motor comes as a kit with the new gear and harness and since last year GE raised up the price.

- The motor kit Part number: AP4432455
Part number: AP4432455

Gene.
Danield Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 6:47:58 AM(UTC)

The model # is ZCGS150LSS-00.
Gene Posted: Monday, July 25, 2011 7:40:37 PM(UTC)

Daniel,

The model number you posted does not come up. Verify and repost it please.

Gene.
Danield Posted: Monday, July 25, 2011 7:29:51 AM(UTC)

Gene,
The model # is 2CGS150LSS-00.
Do you have any info on a replacement switch?

Daniel
Gene Posted: Sunday, July 24, 2011 4:22:40 PM(UTC)

Daniel,

What is the complete model number of the unit?

Gene.
Danield Posted: Friday, July 22, 2011 11:31:22 AM(UTC)

It is the centrifugal switch on motor, the contacts are bad. It's a white switch with two connector under motor casing