Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
libertyappl Posted: Wednesday, October 1, 2008 4:10:14 AM(UTC)

If your new frig doesn't have an ice maker I would just leave the water line unhooked and shut off at the main valve, you should have a shutoff valve right ehind the refrigerator.
Nat
deedeesnews Posted: Tuesday, September 30, 2008 9:01:34 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: rmila75 Go to Quoted Post
As I start shopping for a new refrigerator, some questions are popping up.
I'm wondering about the water line to the ice maker. We currently have an ice maker in our non-working GE top freezer frig. If we decide to get a new unit without an ice-maker but with the hook-up for future add-on of ice maker, will we be able to connect our existing copper water line to the rear of the unit so that it will be ready to go for ice maker installation at any time? Or is the water line connection in the rear considered part of the ice maker kit to be added later?[/quo

I would to know how to hook up the water line to a water faucet
libertyappl Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2008 2:05:08 PM(UTC)

Look at the part he put on, if you can post that number we can tell you what he put on.
nat
rmila75 Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2008 7:22:05 AM(UTC)

There is no part number on the invoice and no box. I guess he used sub parts, not original stuff. However, I think the old stuff he removed looks a lot like the sub parts that I have seen online.
Does anyone have links to images of what these parts look like?

I don't really trust this particular fridge anymore anyway, so I think I will probably be buying a new Whirlpool or Frigidaire this weekend, but I still hate to be "defeated" by this damn machine. lol
richappy Posted: Wednesday, August 27, 2008 5:36:11 AM(UTC)

If he used a 3n1 hard start or failed to install the original run capacitor, the compressor has probably failed due to this.
libertyappl Posted: Wednesday, August 27, 2008 4:57:39 AM(UTC)

Did he by chance leave the box with you? or write the part number on your invoice?
rmila75 Posted: Wednesday, August 27, 2008 4:53:18 AM(UTC)

I'm not sure if he used subs or OEM, but if I had to guess I'd say subs, since they were in a generic looking box that he already had with him.
libertyappl Posted: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 5:48:34 PM(UTC)

Did the tech that came out put OEM parts on or subs?
rmila75 Posted: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 3:14:14 PM(UTC)

I'm sorry, I was wrong. That condenser fan actually is running. I can feel air blowing out from under the fridge and also the inside fan is running; but no compressor. (the air blowing underneath is cool, not hot like it usually is)
libertyappl Posted: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 12:53:22 PM(UTC)

If that fan isn't running but the frig kicks on then you will need to replace the condenser fan.