Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
1995washer Posted: Saturday, March 28, 2020 6:53:55 PM(UTC)

Thanks
Found a gallon of 90W-140 Gear Oil and I believe it should be good to go.
brobriffin Posted: Saturday, March 28, 2020 7:35:38 AM(UTC)

I've not seen that old of a transmission but the 220 ISO-VG grade lube is equivalent to 90w SAE gear lube available by the at or gallon at auto parts store.
1995washer Posted: Friday, March 27, 2020 11:49:51 AM(UTC)

1995 GE WWA5600RBL top loader
Bought new in '95 but only used 2 years then put in storage
Complete chassis clean and re-build
Runs good except for a slight annoying knock in the transmission GEH-WH38X0053
Have not opened it up yet but am thinking it might be the link arm #769 on the exploded view.
Also, the spec calls for 2.7 quarts of 220 weight gear oil, where is it available?
Any other ideas?

UPDATE: Appears the transmission is not the problem even though it only contained 32 ounces of the recommended 80 ounces of gear oil when I opened it up. Replaced and filled with 140 weight oil which was all I could find. Leaning toward a motor bearing or clutch bearing under load but the motor itself is no longer available so I'll have to see if I can find any replacement bearings.

UPDATE:
Houston ... We are good to throttle-up
Turned out to be an easy fix ...
Completely disassembled the Single Speed drive clutch on the motor and found that Clutch Shoes #615 (on the WWA5600RBLWH exploded diagram) were hung up in 25 year old factory grease that had hardened and were unable to fully pivot. Cleaned and re-greased and everything works better than brand new! And soooo quiet.
Whoopee!
Hope this helps others.