Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Ellegator Posted: Friday, March 25, 2011 5:49:40 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
Well I am sorry you got bad advice from Maytag, they should have known the problem was unlikely to be the motor. (If you buy parts from this site and they do not fix the problem you can return them, see the returns policy for details).

There are a number of possibilities and about the best I can do is link you to the service manual which will give you a number of trouble shooting ideas. In the end you may just have to replace parts on spec until you find, welcome to the wonderful world of Neptune.

16009127 Maytag Neptune Stacked Laundry Service Manual - ApplianceDigest.com

You may have to join that site to get access, there is no cost.

Thank you sidfink. That manual is just what I need. Lots of detailed info in there. That should get me in the right direction. I will purchase parts from here.
Jim...
sidfink43 Posted: Thursday, March 24, 2011 4:33:52 PM(UTC)

Well I am sorry you got bad advice from Maytag, they should have known the problem was unlikely to be the motor. (If you buy parts from this site and they do not fix the problem you can return them, see the returns policy for details).

There are a number of possibilities and about the best I can do is link you to the service manual which will give you a number of trouble shooting ideas. In the end you may just have to replace parts on spec until you find, welcome to the wonderful world of Neptune.

16009127 Maytag Neptune Stacked Laundry Service Manual - ApplianceDigest.com

You may have to join that site to get access, there is no cost.
Ellegator Posted: Wednesday, March 23, 2011 8:56:24 AM(UTC)

I have a 4 year old Maytag MLG2000aww serial number 91151405jx. The unit trys to spin but seems to abort. All other functions work correctly. It nevers gets up to speed and stops then goes the other way and stops. A few of these cycles and then nothing. I have checked the upper and lower tub alignment switches and they are fine.

I checked the spin enable switch and it is made. The wax motor is working fine. The door looked switch is made.

I spoke with the Maytag center where we bought the unit and they felt it was the motor. I replaced the motor and no help. Now I am looking at the motor control board.

Is there any way to troubleshoot this machine except for replacing very expensive parts ? I have very extensive machine control troubleshooting skills and find myself so helpless working on this thing. There is very little detailed operational information available that I have found.

Thank you,
Jim