Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
denman Posted: Monday, December 20, 2010 7:45:44 PM(UTC)

diyhelp

I was going to suggest you start a new thread and then checked and saw that you had already done this, so i will take a look at that one.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
diyhelp Posted: Monday, December 20, 2010 8:51:16 AM(UTC)

Hello Denman, is it worth it to replace the water level switch on a almost 10 year old Whirlpool Calypso when the LF error code appears or should I just get a new machine? Thank you.
denman Posted: Wednesday, November 3, 2010 1:46:15 AM(UTC)

[COLOR="Blue"]Does there have to be any particular pressure in it when you put it on (e.g., does it need a vacuum or a certain pressure or certain amount of water in the tub when you connect it)?[/COLOR]
No.
The way it works is that during fill the water also rises in the tubing. This increases the air pressure in the tubing and when that pressure reaches the set point of the level switch it activates. When the unit is empty there is no water in the tubing.

[COLOR="Blue"]Also, is there any special glue or water sealant grease that needs to be used on the connection between that tube and the water level sensor/switch?[/COLOR]
No. It should just push on. If it feels loose then cut off an inch and reattach it.

I am assuming that you have checked the tubing for cracks etc.
Also that you have blown into it, if the problem was overfilling. Sometimes crud can clog the tub end of the tubing.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
bowerman Posted: Tuesday, November 2, 2010 6:19:03 PM(UTC)

Any takers (please) ... The washer might be less than 10 years.
Based on testing I believe I need to replace the water level sensor. In your database the part number is AP3072915. The on-line chat salesperson did not think that instructions came with the part. I would like to make sure that I can do the replacement before purchasing it. The electrical portion is easy. The only concern I have is the pressure tubing that connects to the part. Does there have to be any particular pressure in it when you put it on (e.g., does it need a vacuum or a certain pressure or certain amount of water in the tub when you connect it)? Also, is there any special glue or water sealant grease that needs to be used on the connection between that tube and the water level sensor/switch?
Thanks.