Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
ThatGuy Posted: Friday, February 3, 2023 1:08:12 PM(UTC)

What I'm trying to say is any money spent on trying to fix this machine might be better used to buy a working used washer or a new one.

https://www.appliancepar...n-3360629-ap3096209.html

The shaft assembly is $114 and the transmission around $300. Replacing one of these parts will probably fix your machine. But all the rest of the washer is the same age. The timer or motor could go next... Something to think about.

I don't get paid to do this. I don't get anything if this site sells parts. I'm just volunteering my time and what little knowledge I've picked up in the last 33 years.
Guest Posted: Friday, February 3, 2023 5:45:13 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: wilsonjiaho Go to Quoted Post
something is exciting the transmission to run continously. is there an electrical diagram?

problem started as 1 in 5 washes messing up then went to 1 outta 3 then every wash in about 2 months time
Guest Posted: Friday, February 3, 2023 5:41:46 AM(UTC)

something is exciting the transmission to run continously. is there an electrical diagram?

im not sure about electrical diagram i can pull one up online if needed but nothing has been changed or replaced since we got it 10 years ago i do know that for some reason it will work perfectly fine, agitator will free spin when tub drains and spins but thats only about 1 outta 15 attempts. ive heard some people say it could be the start capacitor or something like that
wilsonjiaho Posted: Thursday, February 2, 2023 7:20:03 PM(UTC)

Guest Posted: Thursday, February 2, 2023 3:04:19 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: ThatGuy Go to Quoted Post
That's not how the transmission works. The timer controls motor direction... forward and backward. Everything else is done inside the transmission... mechanically. One direction to agitate, the other to drain... pause... then spin.

is their a part that i would replace or is it better to replace the whole transmission? replacing transmission don't look like much work but kinda nervous about taking transmission apart to replace something inside of it due to all the seals that would have to be replaced
ThatGuy Posted: Thursday, February 2, 2023 2:36:47 PM(UTC)

That's not how the transmission works. The timer controls motor direction... forward and backward. Everything else is done inside the transmission... mechanically. One direction to agitate, the other to drain... pause... then spin.
Guest Posted: Thursday, February 2, 2023 8:33:40 AM(UTC)

Just a guess but the timer may have some contact points sticking together (if it is an older design timer ) and there is not much chance of repair. A new timer is likely to be needed.
Guest Posted: Wednesday, February 1, 2023 10:00:49 PM(UTC)

look at the back of the timer and see any burn or abnormal

yes i checked the back of timer and all wires and connecting are looking great no burns or abnormalities
wilsonjiaho Posted: Wednesday, February 1, 2023 6:03:28 PM(UTC)

look at the back of the timer and see any burn or abnormal
Guest Posted: Wednesday, February 1, 2023 4:38:11 AM(UTC)

yes the problem happens withe very cycle and setting