Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
JoeOfCola Posted: Monday, January 22, 2018 5:33:21 AM(UTC)

Oh well, buying a new one.

I am wondering if you guys have a section on here where I can ask this question, on what's reliable out there and a good machine.

If I may ask the question in here, I have narrowed it down to the LG WM3670HVA or Eletrolux, the equivalent but pricier model.

Any advice on what's best especially in terms of reliability and warranty? Other brands / models welcome, of course :)

Thank you!
JoeOfCola Posted: Friday, November 10, 2017 3:10:26 PM(UTC)

That last line should've read : and now its leaking more.

If anyone has an idea how to help. Thank you.
JoeOfCola Posted: Tuesday, November 7, 2017 5:27:58 AM(UTC)

Hello! thank you for your reply. Hope you have a great time! :)

We'll do another run, then attempt take pictures. it's a bit tight as the machines are in a bathroom. but I'll try.

This model is the one with one main seal in the center, below which there's the transmission and the motor beside it.

The water is dripping from the protective plastic case that covers the bottom. So it means probably from the seal... which i just changed....

Could the transmission leak water? The store where i got the seal said tranny will not leak water but will slip, and will leak oil instead...

The pump and the exit hose are to the corner of the machine which tells me its the seal area and below leaking.

I'm just wondering, could i have messed up the installation of the seal?

I had wiped the shaft, cleaned the seal sitting area, greased seal inner ring, and slid it on, then re-assembled.

Was working fine until few days ago, a little leak, then i tried tightening, it could give a few more pushes in the tightening direction, and not leaking more after i tightened it....
brobriffin Posted: Monday, November 6, 2017 3:59:40 PM(UTC)

Can you take pictures and post them here so we can see where you are seeing the leak? "Be specific" As technicians a lot of our work diagnosis is based on what we see...
I will be away on vacation for two weeks and may not have access to help but maybe pics will prompt one of the other tech's to help.

Hello Blue Ridge PKWY!
JoeOfCola Posted: Monday, November 6, 2017 2:53:38 PM(UTC)

Can anyone help?
JoeOfCola Posted: Sunday, November 5, 2017 3:51:27 PM(UTC)

I tightened up the bolt, it could take a few extra to tighten up nice, then i ran a cycle.

It leaked more than the previous cycle :(

I can't think of why... Help.
JoeOfCola Posted: Sunday, November 5, 2017 9:45:16 AM(UTC)

Hello!

Seems the fat lady hadn't sung yet. I have a minor drip below. I tilted the machine back a bit and there's drip from the plastic shield below.

It the same place that was leaking before and had stopped after changing the seal.

Could it be not tight enough and got loose with the final spins? If so, how to tighten it, is it only that central bolt in the tub below the cap?

Any other reasons why this drip came back?

Thank you!
JoeOfCola Posted: Saturday, October 14, 2017 6:56:17 PM(UTC)

That may have been a false alarm.

I did a calibration then an automatic test, and the test passed through all phases fine.

Then did a normal wash with the affresh tablet. It went fine.

Now doing the first wash.

I think we are out of the woods, fingers crossed the clothes come out clean and well spinned! :) (some canadian accent there )

Couldn't have done it without you honestly. Thank you very much.

And btw, for others doing it themselves in future, I bought a 3$ anti rust powder, and diluted it in water, then injected it into the seal area prior to installing the seal. Then scraped the area with a scott towel. It became shiny again. I also wiped the shaft with the same solution, and put grease.

Good luck for future explorers :)
JoeOfCola Posted: Saturday, October 14, 2017 4:11:35 PM(UTC)

Hard to type the accent eh? :))

Well, I decided to shorten my waiting time, and buy just the seal locally... The belt seemed to hold on nice and tight. I think what was preventing the turn was a stuck coin to the side of that round dome-like plastic disk where the bolt is inside the tub, there was a pretty scratched nickel inserted in there...

So i replaced everything, ran a calibration sequence, where all went well and it did turn well as part of calibrating i left the affresh pill inside to hear it turn) but in the end, all lights were off...

Ran a fault code sequence, and got one light on sensing. Which, if i understand it correctly, means no faults?

Then i decided to run a wash cycle with affresh. It filled up water till the top, then stopped there. It's not moving from wash to rinse...Unless I didn't wait long enough...

I pressed cancel, and pump worked nicely and emptied it all in a minute...

Do you think I didn't plug the wires back in tight enough? or burned up my timer?
brobriffin Posted: Saturday, October 14, 2017 9:44:46 AM(UTC)

Sorry didn't know you were in Canada. (You didn't type with an accent)

Try doing a google search for those part numbers. I'm sure you will find them cheaper that buying locally....
W10324647
WPW10006384